Screws for seat belt guides

maillemaker

Reaction score
I have a 1995 Mustang GT convertible. The seat belt guides are missing their Torx screws. Any ideas where to get some?

Also, how do you remove the headrest? And make it go up and down? On the driver's side, you just pull and push it up and down. Passenger side doesn't want to move.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Are you looking for the exact same screws? Or just need to know size/type to grab some off Mcmaster?

I might have one or two kicking around. I'll need to look. If so I can match it up and tell you the size. Looks to be an oval head type screw, probably an M6.

1697825984152.png

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
As for removing the headrest, there's a slip inside the seatback you need to lift up. Then it pulls out. I have run across some seats where the headrest does not lift properly like you describe. It should.

Headrest removal

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
Are you looking for the exact same screws? Or just need to know size/type to grab some off Mcmaster?

I might have one or two kicking around. I'll need to look. If so I can match it up and tell you the size. Looks to be an oval head type screw, probably an M6.

View attachment 29317
I like replacing the hardware with the correct stuff if possible. But I can probably find something similar on McMaster-Carr if I know the size. Each one of my seat belt guides has 1 of 2 screws holding it on.

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
I could not find a direct replacement on McMaster so I just got an M6x25 oval head in phillips.

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
Screws came in. I did not like the look of the phillips-head screws I shelled out $20 for from McMaster-Carr, but found some nice countersunk head screws on Amazon. They don't have the nice easy-start that the OEM screws have, and I had to chase the threads with a tap to get a couple of them to go in nicely.
But it looks good now.

IMG_8357.jpg
IMG_8355.jpg
IMG_8356.jpg

Also, here is a good video on how to remove the seat rests so you can get at the screws:

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
+2
Besides, who’s gonna see, anyways?!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online