the setup ill be working with.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
i have a set of steeda rear lowering springs, gms front coil-overs, upr shark c/c plates, upr control arms, all which i practically given to me except the control arms. im looking into mm subframes and a front and rear sway bar set up and pan hard later. idealistically i want a 1.5 in drop being im on 18x9s. i have energy suspension bushing kit for the rear. will be purchasing for the front along with steeda bumpsteer kit. im not a speedster i like handling and having fun. im thinking of not using the gms coilovers but needing a set of lowering springs up front. fox kyb gas struts/shocks. torque box reinforcements. anything im missing can someone help out. i havent installed anything yet cause i was in the middle of transferring and before i piece it up id like to have everything installed at once. all done by me except the camber/tow alignment.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i bet that once you lower it 1.5 inches that you will want to go Lower after a week or so

OP
OP
vermilion

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
im sure. but itll get there soon. no-fuqq, va and va beach buzz with rice. i want mine to handle like a dream. no need for speed when you ger pulled over for fast and the furious wanna bes.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
that's a good list of stuff to start with.
MM"s XL subs are great, strongest and well priced.

good call on the GMS fronts, I had them and took them off a few weeks later. upgraded to MM's coilovers.
the Panhard will definatley make a huge difference when you get there.

I suggest you read this: http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=19837.0

Torque box is a no no, and solid uppers. read above and let me know what you think. :santa_smiley:

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Try to stay away from any UCA, you torque boxes will thank you. :santa_smiley:

OP
OP
vermilion

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
well i have been reading quite a bit on many sites, forums. i'm doing my research. i def wanna get it lowered but i need a set of springs for up front. im saving every bit i can to accomplish this by spring. also, ive been reading about ppl removing the isolators and how does that really affect the suspension other than deleting metal/metal contact? every bit of info helps.

96GT

Reaction score
xploder17s said:
well i have been reading quite a bit on many sites, forums. i'm doing my research. i def wanna get it lowered but i need a set of springs for up front. im saving every bit i can to accomplish this by spring. also, ive been reading about ppl removing the isolators and how does that really affect the suspension other than deleting metal/metal contact? every bit of info helps.

I hear it causes squeaks. I didn't do it personally.

Also, the UCA's and torque box reinforcements create more damage than good.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
most ppl remove the isolators BC they want that little bit lower ride.
some say it squeaks, some say it's fine.