Tuning Innovations

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Do you know where they ordered it from?

We could look up the rotating assembly options and possibly get an idea.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Directly from Scat.

Tturaider

Reaction score
I have my own experience with Ted which was not that impressive.

Everyone blows about him on a specific forum on facebook. My experience was not completely positive. He wouldn't spend much time helping me to figure out the issues. After installing the chip I had idle surging and a hot start issue when previous to any work done my stock car ran perfect. It had me spending money where I didn't need to be and chasing every possible scenario. His only response was 'works on X number of cars, must be a wiring problem'.

Finally got a Term X which I will install here this month and toss this chip aside.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully I won’t have the same experience, as mine just arrived today!
IMG_2135.jpeg

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There’s a bit more involved than just slapping this chip in. Something they fail to mention in the face page. Ie, has to be X degrees BTDC, use the supplied scratch pad (tiny piece) to “clean/polish” the contact points…. but must be done “PERFECTLY DONE OR WON’T WORK” blah blah blah.

Do, for someone like me with limited wrenching experience, it’s an additional $200 trip to the shop to have it done CORRECTLY AND PROPERLY… or voids warranty.

I’m still looking forward to trying it with hopes of improvements. So, keeping a positive posture….

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
hardest part I had was just getting the ecu out from the kick. With all the wires it take some work to snake it out.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hardest part I had was just getting the ecu out from the kick. With all the wires it take some work to snake it out.
Duely noted, thank you. I’ll give it a shot…

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, oz. Can I safely assume the "AU" in the instructions you attached means Australia since you're located there? So obviously those portions of the instructions would not apply to my ECU?
FWIW, I've printed out the instructions you attached and will take them with me to the shop that is going to install the SCT 6600 chip. The more information the better.