Turbo 98 gt???

Stock982v

Reaction score
Ok guys I've been debating on going turbo in the next couple months... , I need help on what all I need , what kind of fuel injectors and pump do you reccomend , what are my options as far as tubular k members? Also my car is automatic so would I need a stall?If I'm missing something just let me know 1998 mustang gt , Just planning on a 67mm ball bearing turbo on 8psi nothing huge just want more out of the car...And can anyone tell me why I need a tubular k member , and would that be it for upgrades beside the fuel system

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Alright before anything, what are your goals? Is this going on a stock motor? Is this a street or track car?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
97stanger asks a good question. But im tryin to figure out why we at sn95forums have yet to see a pic of this car!!!

Reaction score
I second for 97 stanger. And I also would recommend getting a manual, but that's just me. However you may want to get some gears to go with your turbo idea

PinkieT

Reaction score
I'm thinking the K-frame swap would be needed to help hot side pipe routing, correct? In my Mopar days some guys put the turbo where the muffler was. Long tubing and a bit of lag, but clean engine bay.

I would love to turbo my 98 GT someday myself, maybe I can learn from your mistakes :grin:

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
Alright before anything, what are your goals? Is this going on a stock motor? Is this a street or track car?

Its gonna be my daily driver for high school I'm a junior , its stock motor , its just gonna be a street car , track on Friday for fun sometimes. So no big goals just want more out of the 2v

Reaction score
I know you're like 16 and all but take some pictures and put them up here on the site! Start a build thread man! I wish I did when I was your age with my first Mustang. 98 as well

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Its gonna be my daily driver for high school I'm a junior , its stock motor , its just gonna be a street car , track on Friday for fun sometimes. So no big goals just want more out of the 2v

I rarely say this...but look into on3. If you just want an inexpensive setup that will give you more power to have fun with on the street and occasional track, this will probably be your best bang for the buck. I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for, but at your age and what you want to do with the car this would probably be a good start with room to upgrade if you ever wanted to.

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
I rarely say this...but look into on3. If you just want an inexpensive setup that will give you more power to have fun with on the street and occasional track, this will probably be your best bang for the buck. I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for, but at your age and what you want to do with the car this would probably be a good start with room to upgrade if you ever wanted to.

That was the kit I was looking at , but Limitless Performance and performance (Lpf) also makes one , but I won't be asking much from the kit its self.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Not sure what your hp# goals are but if your running on a stock block, the standard on3 kit will be able to take your engine to the limit. Regardless if it is a fitment thing or not you will thank yourself switching to a tubular k / a-arm setup. Frees up so much space and takes some weight off the front end. Depending on your power goals a standard walbro 255 pump and some 42 or 60lb injectors will get the job done. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need. Plenty of us on here has gone down the turbo or supercharged route.

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
Not sure what your hp# goals are but if your running on a stock block, the standard on3 kit will be able to take your engine to the limit. Regardless if it is a fitment thing or not you will thank yourself switching to a tubular k / a-arm setup. Frees up so much space and takes some weight off the front end. Depending on your power goals a standard walbro 255 pump and some 42 or 60lb injectors will get the job done. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need. Plenty of us on here has gone down the turbo or supercharged route.

I want 390whp if realistic , completely stock , just to tell everyone that I beat them in highschool really lol...

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
If you have a stock non pi engine it's probably going to take a PI manifold to help get you in that 400rwhp range

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FHCee

Members online