Well I'm depressed (losing our drag strips)

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Glad to hear that it is starting to open up again... I couldn't imagine having to go without Englishtown in Jersey or Atco. been going to both since I was little.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
About three years ago a 'fairly' decent drag/mud race track about an hour away in Monroe, LA closed down suddenly, leaving the only drag racing close to me in the form of a 1000 foot track about two hours away. The track in Monroe was bought the year after it closed by a pure racing enthusiast who spent a ton of $$$$$$$ fixing the place up. Now it has new bleachers, new electronics on the track and tower, new return roads and driveways and a huge concession stand and bathroom. And they also got their liquor license and sell beer and mixed drinks now which is pretty great icing on the cake!!

So in conclusion it wasn't a bad deal sacrificing a year of drag racing to have the track return completely redone!

AJCrader

Reaction score
Basically what happened is the Native Americans were tired of not seeing enough of the profits, so they are taking over, and hired people to run the track under their control, but the only thing that has been shut down for any real length of time is the drag strip.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
This would suck! But good thing they reopened it!Where is it located? I couldn't imagine no strips when I get there! Lots of street racing tho! That's one of the VERY FEW things good about this sess pool. The closet drag strip is about 6 minutes south from me (Portland). Then one south about 45 minutes (woodburn),then next one (Bremerton) is 5 hours north and SIR or PIR (seattle) 4 hours north,and one more in (Shelton) 2 1/2 hours north,and one last one 8 hours south (Medford). Damn we have a lot of tracks for such a shitty area to live in,and just think it rains about 8 months of the year and this is probably the biggest liberal state besides maybe California.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
That's horrible, if that happend to me despite the risk I would probably get back into street racing!

ElKabong197

Reaction score
The one here luckily has a lot of huge ihra events and such, and they do the world series of drag racing here, so hopefully it won't close any time soon.

Sent from my Galaxy S fizzledizzle using Tapatizzile Twizzle

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'd be ruined if we lost our track , we hold a lot of bigger events so I don't ever see it happening , I'd be going straight to the streets full time if this happened

GT3FC

Reaction score
I'v also been pretty down since they both closed. I loved going out to speedworld. I'v been watching the website for wild horse pass raceway like a hawk. originally they were supposed to open up on the 17th and have Friday night drags, but they took the event off their website calender. I even took the 17th off so that I could go race out there and now I'm not sure if they will be open the 17th. I'm going to call tomorrow and try to get it figured out.

AJCrader

Reaction score
They changed it like this weekend, the 24th will be a friday before the Summit Team event, was at the track yesterday and got this info directly from the head guys!

AJCrader

Reaction score
It is still subject to change, oh and the concrete pour should be done this week, and they'll be able to start dragging it next week on Tuesday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online