What is this ?

dubsos

Reaction score
sketch1683348023308.png
I was poking around under the car finding leaks and just above the oil pan I saw this fitting that is covered in some kind of oil or grease. Does anyone know what that is, and if I should be worried if fluid is coming from it? Secondary question, can I jack up the engine in my garage without an engine hoist, and if so how? Thanks, love you guys <3

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure WHAT that is, but if fluid (oil? coolant? trans/brake?) is coming out, that ain’t good. Maybe see if you can find a schematic online and find out what it is and if it even belongs there?

Who knows what a previous owner did!

95opal

Reaction score
Could be an old oil pressure sensor IDK tough to see in pic. I do see a chunk of lower rad hose missing and a missing oil pan bolt.

OP
OP
D

dubsos

Reaction score
Could be an old oil pressure sensor IDK tough to see in pic. I do see a chunk of lower rad hose missing and a missing oil pan bolt.
Yeah this was an auction car I was going to replace to whole pan, what about the lower radiator though?

95opal

Reaction score
Yeah this was an auction car I was going to replace to whole pan, what about the lower radiator though?

Look to the left of your circle in the pic. Lower radiator hose has a chunk missing.

Rod

Reaction score
It is your oil pressure sending unit.