What size plugs? Spoiler delete

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Looking to temporarily take off my spoiler and plug the holes.. I'll be getting the holes filled but for now I'm just gonna use plugs until i do. What size plugs and does anyone have pics of what they look like??

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
The parts houses have a assortment of plastic plugs for the interior. I didn't think they would seal tight enough.
I made my plugs from carriage bolts since they are smooth head. I also made gaskets for the bolts too.
PM me you phone # and I'll send you a couple of pics tonight. Or I'll load the pics on PB and post them tomorrow.
BTW, The holes are different sizes.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What size plugs and does anyone have pics of what they look like??

Grab a ruler and measure the holes. Then you'll know what size plugs to get.

Grab some nylon plugs, sand the top down, paint them with your body color, and plug em in. Voila.

[video=youtube;xTh9WKlqmhE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTh9WKlqmhE[/video]

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
CC texted me some pics and sent me some tips on how to figure this out. Luckily had some bolts laying around. Took the wing off and tried each bolt until it fit right and flush.. So i got the 2 diff size bolts. Gotta go to home depot tomorrow and get the same size bolts, see if i can find flat headed ones and in black. Need gaskets too to put between the bolt and nut.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I think a wingless truck looks stupid on our cars... It just doesn't flow at all.

98BlackGT

Reaction score
everyone has their own opinion on wingless trunks...but the holes are different sizes, when my spoiler I had painters tape to cover the holes until my s281 was done being painted.

CWO

Reaction score
The holes are different sizes, the plugs are like $0.47 for two. I grabbed a few different ones and found the ones that worked. It's been so long that I can't recall what worked. I siliconed around the plugs from the inside of the trunk lid after I put them in. FWIW, Lowes has a much better selection than Home Depot when it comes to this stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArcAngel

Members online