What's the difference between the 98 and early 99s a c lines and the rest of the 99-04 lines??

trixy&allee

Reaction score
When I read it my a c the ac manifold Line it connects to the compressor Was leaking on that little bleeter thing on the side I took it off and put a new o ring on But when I tightened it up it broke off I went to buy a new one no one has one Ford said that I specifically need one for a 98 and 99... Which is weird because I thought all 99s-04s were the same So I can buy this piece but it's for a 2000- 04 And the dealership says the part numbers don't match up And that it won't work... Apparently the one I need has been discontinued to know when carries it. And it's only the fits Ninety eight and early ninety nine... Has anyone run into this finding one at a junkyard seems to be impossible.... My question is, has anyone Interchange to ac partsScreenshot_20230814_171114_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
T

trixy&allee

Reaction score
No one, anyway its mearly the shape, They will tell you that it's discontinued, but if you bend it (the 00- 04) carefully, you can get it to work... Hope this helps anyone in the future.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Looking at a few diagram
From the manifold that mounts behind compressor
It Tees at each end on 99

So you need to find the proper fit and bends

OP
OP
T

trixy&allee

Reaction score
Looking at a few diagram
From the manifold that mounts behind compressor
It Tees at each end on 99

So you need to find the proper fit and bends
Yeah so uh I just put it in... All I had to do is bend it

OP
OP
T

trixy&allee

Reaction score
This seems to be such a rare thing. I don't know why it was discontinued... Kind of an asshole moved by ford.... I meant to come back and get the answer some glad you replied .

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
This seems to be such a rare thing. I don't know why it was discontinued... Kind of an asshole moved by ford.... I meant to come back and get the answer some glad you replied .

Quite welcome!

Ford did some goofy shit in 98 & 99. They started using stuff on the 98 that was being rolled out on the 99 and then started to change things.