95 GT Convertible Project

OP
OP
B

Bryant

Reaction score
Guys, I got the suspension and brakes down. Brake booster needs to be replaced but all the upgrades I did and y'all suggested have made a huge difference. Handles like a completely different car plain and simple. Not nearly as much body roll and so much stiffer. For weight reduction, I went no cat x pipe and new cat back. Then took out the rear seats. Then I found out I had two 50 lb sand bags, the spare and jack all in the trunk. All that is gone. So I figure I am down 200lbs from last summer drives. Also new spoiler put on... lighter than the stock wing but negligible. I also switched to 10w-40 synthetic and 93 octane.. Don't give me too hard of a time. I live in Michigan, its high mileage engine, only drove in spring-fall... I saw 5W-20 through 20W-50 suggestions and chose what I felt comfortable doing. New K and N oil filter, K and N oil breather, new TB, new IAC, cleaned the MAF and CAI. I still hate the AODE. I want it gone, fixed, burned I don't know what to do. I am thinking 4.1 gears, high stall torque converter, manual shift valve body, and BBK long tube headers are my next move.. any suggestions? I love the way it looks, the way it handles corners now, the way it feels with the top down, the way it sounds, but its still not a 'fun drive' My FiST blows circles on this thing as far as fun goes and it is much more fun to drive... and they should be comparable the fiesta is (2742lbs, 197 HP, 202 torque) (3452lbs, 215 HP, 285 torque --should be lighter and more HP/torque from my mods I would think). Any help? My long term goal is still have a weekend derivable car that is under 12 seconds in the end. Oh and I love the way the car sits now though 45mm spacers with 315s in rear and 245s with 5mm spacers in front. No more rubbing or worrying about the quad shock
IMG_0073.JPG IMG_0080.JPG IMG_0079.JPG IMG_0075.JPG IMG_0076.JPG

TrickVert

Reaction score
Sounds like you have things well sorted. Since you've modified the suspension, another 25 pounds of ballast can be removed from the front right fender if not already done.

What's with the K&N breather? Unless you've completely removed the PCV system (not recommended), all that does is allow unmetered air past the MAF. .

Silver95bird

Reaction score
Go to the tccoa and look into the J-mod for the transmission. it will take the slop out if the shifts. If youre very high mileage and thinking of rebuilding also, its a great source of info on those trannies as well. usually on an aode the tc will wear out the clutch inside it first, turning the fluid black and burnt. check the condition before making a decision on the next steps. Mercon V fluid only. has the car been shuddering in 3-4?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bryant

Reaction score
Go to the tccoa and look into the J-mod for the transmission. it will take the slop out if the shifts. If youre very high mileage and thinking of rebuilding also, its a great source of info on those trannies as well. usually on an aode the tc will wear out the clutch inside it first, turning the fluid black and burnt. check the condition before making a decision on the next steps. Mercon V fluid only. has the car been shuddering in 3-4?

If and when it actually decides to shift from third to fourth it shudders in the shift.... for some reason it’ll stick in third at times going 70ish and other times I’m in fourth gear going 50.... the overall shifting is terrrbile though. First gear can pull to 50, yet with pedal on the floor it shifts around 30 and I’ll be back at 2500-2750 rpms in second gear rather than continuing to pull.

Silver95bird

Reaction score
check the MLPS alignment and/or the sensor itself. if its misaligned it will hang like that. They also had a problem with water intrusion, so inspect it carefully. Early cars like that had a known problem with this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online