99 Rio Red mustang convertible, Project Sonic Blue

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals I went to Virginia Beach this past Thursday and Friday and picked up a stock 99 rio red cobra convertible. The only done to it was the Cobra rims and everything else is stock on it. Has Flowmaster exhaust on it and sounds awesome. This is my first mustang and let me tell you the power is awesome. I plan on redoing it from the ground up. The owner said it had the motor replaced at 70k and currently has 140k on it.

Current plans:
1. Needs a new top, going to replace it with a black one.
2. Need to fix some rust spots on it.
3. Need to fix the radio in it.

Future plans:
1. Need to lower it going to go with coilovers on all 4 corners.
2. Going to soda blast it and paint it Sonic Blue.
3. Going to get an 03-04 rear cobra bumper and 03-04 spoiler.
4. Going to put the cobra letters in chrome on the rear bumper.
5. Going to be upgrading the fuel system, engine, tranny, and rear end to put a supercharger on it.
6. Also going to be swapping out the interior to black for the carpet but don't know what to do about the dashpad.
7. Going to be putting in some of the Corbeau cr1 seats with the blue inserts and black on the sides.
8. Also going to be getting some new Saleen rims these are starting to peel. Going to go staggered.
9. Tint the windows.
10. Apply all new weatherstripping.
11. Get a speedster cover for it.

That is the list for now most of it will be a couple years down the road but the small stuff I am going to try and get done here shortly. Goals are pretty much like Deeplists 600-700 rwhp. I will be putting in a tvs supercharger, a viper spec tranny, a new rear end and upgrading the brakes. I will be asking the Cincinnati Oh area guys if later on in the summer if they want to get together for a meet. I will be asking all kinds of questions guys so don't mean to be a pain but this place is where I spend most of my time. All input is welcome.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Update: Finally got me a black top installed. Also got me a dvd player installed also.

Old tan top:

New black top:

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Going to try and get my windows tinted within a month I hope. Have to talk to the wifey. If I got this other new job I was hoping for I would probably be getting the other termi parts and start work on getting it soda blasted and fixing the rust spots. I talked to my dad and they don't know if they are going to be hiring anymore people.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Awesome, I'm a big fan of the 03-04 cobra bumper. Good choice on the black top too, looks sharp against the rio red

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
great choice on the black cover...completely different car with it being black. Good find.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
top looks great...are you going to redo the interior black or keep it tan?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.