Best rear gear option for build

95red5.0

Reaction score
Hello all, i have a question regarding rear gear selection for my 95 gt build. Its a pretty standard build, nothing crazy. Ill list all power mods.

306 crate motor, SVO gt-40 heads, trick flow intake manifolds, BBK throttle body, 1.6 crane cam roller rockers, b cam, MAC headers, SLP full catback 2.5 inch (catless), MAC 3 inch intake, trick flow valve covers.

I have supporting mods for these upgrades as well auch as larger oil pump, 24lb injectors, 255 fuel pump, pro mass air, BBK fuel press reg, steeda clutch cable kit double hook, spec stage 3 clutch, billet flywheel, MGW shifter, underdrive kit. Tuned with old school diablo plug in chip.

On this setup car made around 350/350, eventually going to upgrade to some new SCT technology, for better all around driveability, and perhaps a few more ponys.

So now that ive given the mods, here is the big question, which gears should i run? And the transmission that i am running is not the t45. I have a t56.

Its the viper spec t56. Gear ratios are

1st 2.66
2nd 1.78
3rd 1.3
4th 1.1
5th .74
6th .50

Being this tranny can handle more torque then the stock t45, but geared quite alot longer, im wondering for my setup what gears would be best for me.

This is not my daily driver, nor is it my weekend warrior, this is stricky my go have fun car. When i want to hop in and just have a great time. I own a subaru wagon beater, a willys jeep wrangler, and a mustang ecoboost also, so with this car im not worried about MPG at all. Im just worried about having fun. But i also dont want the gearing to be too aggressive that if i go to the track im having to shift so quickly that the gearing is too much. But i definatly want it to put me in the seat as much as possible. Going to keep this car all motor forever, no intentions of blowing it or putting nitrious on it.

So for the current power level, current tranny, and fact that this car is just for fun no worries on MPG, what gears should i run on this setup? Any and all opinions are welcomed. Thank you sn95 community :)

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
3:73’s really wake the car up. 4:10’s would definitely put you back in the seat with that setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

95red5.0

Reaction score
Hey thanks everyone for all your input i highly appreciate it. Once i get the gears (and new torque boxes to handle the torque) i will schedule dyno appointment as well. With the brand new SCT technology in sure tuning will improve ggreatly over the ancient diablo plug in chip that the car was previously tuned on. Ill either be going 4.10 or 4.30 for sure. Dyno results and reaction to follow. Not sure if ill get this done by years end, may not be till spring of next year, but will be in touch. Thanks again for your knowledge and support sn95 comminuty!

kb1982

Reaction score
Go with the 4.10 gears. With a .82 fifth gear ratio in my tko, I'm around 3200 rpms with 275 50 r15 tires around 73 mph. You can go to Wallace racing and input your gear ratio and tire size to find out what different ratios will do

Sent from my Z962BL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.