Blast from the past 1998 cobra

98Shnake

Reaction score
Always loved the SN95 cobras growing up and finally got a chance to get one. Bought it from the original owner with 100k original miles.
Already going down the rabbit hole of parts and upgrades on multiple forums. A lot was done back when the car was newer, but definitely needs a refresh. Only had it a week and so far threw some gloss black powder coated cobra wheels and fresh rubber on them. The matte black had lots of curb rash.
Anyways the WTB/WTS area is definitely lacking and hoping someone has some cool stuff for sale in the near future. IMG_7558.jpegIMG_5654.jpegIMG_5625.jpegIMG_7563.jpegIMG_7563.jpeg

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Good looking car! Nice score!

id say the intake ports need a good cleaning as well as the motion control runner butterflies. Removal of the manifold is necessary. Typically around 90k miles is the normal time cobra folk find failure with the system. Not a complicated process, just grabe some new gaskets.

OP
OP

98Shnake

Reaction score
Good looking car! Nice score!

id say the intake ports need a good cleaning as well as the motion control runner butterflies. Removal of the manifold is necessary. Typically around 90k miles is the normal time cobra folk find failure with the system. Not a complicated process, just grabe some new gaskets.
I’ll take a look. The original owner did the imrc delete when the car had less than 25k miles, think it would still be an issue?

badass98svt

Reaction score
Looks great. I have a set of Russell stainless steel front brake lines if you're looking for a cheap mod. Shoot me a PM if you want.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I’ll take a look. The original owner did the imrc delete when the car had less than 25k miles, think it would still be an issue?

Nope, if he deleted them you should be worry free as far as the IMRCs go. I deleted mine about 10 years or so ago.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Beauty! Looks so familiar but I just can’t put my finger on it! Welcome to The Forum. I like how you’re going about things… well played! Interested, so please keep us posted.
Cheers!

OP
OP

98Shnake

Reaction score
Beauty! Looks so familiar but I just can’t put my finger on it! Welcome to The Forum. I like how you’re going about things… well played! Interested, so please keep us posted.
Cheers!
Appreciate it! Yea for sure. Getting all the little things fixed and refreshed before going crazy with mods. Rebuilding the front calipers this week and replacing the rears plus pads and rotors.
The coilovers are super low which I like but definitely need to be rebuilt or replaced but the manufacturer doesn’t make these or the parts any longer. Debating between coilovers and shocks/struts/springs.
Gears were already done. So that’s out of the way. Have an h pipe and ready to go just gotta find the time. Debating my first real mod. Maybe coilpacks, plugs, and lower pulley. Wish boost wasn’t so expensive for these cars!
But yea any things anyone wants to get rid of or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Do not change your coil packs. OEM is more than enough and far more reliable than Accel/MSD/Live Wires
For plugs, go with copper Autolite 764 gapped to .054 Dont go with anything fancy for a plug, they don't always like it.

Like I said earlier, if you are looking for cheap mods, I have that set of braided front brake lines. You already have the calipers off anyway so it's like a no-brainier. Shoot me a PM
PXL_20240220_202032835.MP.jpg

OP
OP

98Shnake

Reaction score
Do not change your coil packs. OEM is more than enough and far more reliable than Accel/MSD/Live Wires
For plugs, go with copper Autolite 764 gapped to .054 Dont go with anything fancy for a plug, they don't always like it.

Like I said earlier, if you are looking for cheap mods, I have that set of braided front brake lines. You already have the calipers off anyway so it's like a no-brainier. Shoot me a PM
View attachment 32876
PM sent! And good to know. Thanks for the advice. I’ll get them ordered.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You should get in touch with Maximum 95. He was parting out his. I bought a couple-few things from him, but not sure what he has left . Definitely worth a shot. His parts are in great condition

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online