FMINUS Detailed: 2002 BMW M3 Jet Black TE37

CompOrangeSN95

Reaction score
I saw that mythbusters and yes a car does cut through the air better with dimples but... an F1 car is designed around aerodynamics and does in fact perform better when it is incredibly smooth, by the way F1 is looking to race in New York City in 2012, and Monticello Motor Club which I've driven before, I would be so damn happy if they do either!!!

Hellion94

Reaction score
They are also probably clean and shiny because they are million dollar racecars with equally large contracts that most likely have a stipulation that says that the cars are to be clean and shiny when they race in order to best represent the team. Also, Wax will make an incredibly non-noticeable difference on an F1 car. They accelerate, decelerate, turn, and everything else so often that a very slight decrease in wind resistance will make no difference. Also, with all the wings and splitters that they have to create downforce, there will be so much resistance caused that simply making the paint smoother won't do a thing.

Now on land speed record vehicles like at Bonneville, it is believed to make a difference and has been a common method for many, many years.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
there's bling, then there's FMINUS Bling. beautiful finish!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boosted94vert

Members online