Great data collection tool. iOS app! Lap times, corner speeds, video overlay, etc

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Just thought I would share this with you guys. I'm waiting for race season to test it out, but I've talked to people that use it and love it. Great for analyzing driving technique and telemetry.

http://racerender.com/TrackAddict/Features.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyGJVc2jUcI

Just to elaborate a bit more, you connect your iOS device via OBD-2, and put the device somewhere in your car that is safe and has GPS signal. It will collect lap times based on GPS, RPM, speed, throttle position, etc via OBD2, and then X/Y acceleration with the built-in accelerometer. Then you can export that data as an overlay, and sync it up with footage from your go-pro or other on-board camera.

OP
OP
Burninrock24

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Do they have an app for us OBD1 dinosaurs?

Well technically it would still work fine, you could use this app on a bicycle if you wanted.

You just won't get the extra telemetry. You will get G forces, lap timing, corner speeds, and the same video overlay features and everything. So it would still be handy for lap counting and analyzing.

RichV

Reaction score
I have the TrackMaster on my Razr. This one looks pretty cool as well. I have yet to try it out, hopefully this weekend.

The vids on the RaceRender link are all my local tracks. Developer has to be a CO guy/gal.

OP
OP
Burninrock24

Burninrock24

Reaction score
I have the TrackMaster on my Razr. This one looks pretty cool as well. I have yet to try it out, hopefully this weekend.

The vids on the RaceRender link are all my local tracks. Developer has to be a CO guy/gal.

You'll have to post some up! Once my season starts I'll have some videos up as well. Not mustang though so idk how that would go over posting one here haha, maybe I'd do it in the lounge area or something.

On a side note, I'm jealous of all your tracks, we have Brainerd international raceway about 3 hours away from me and that's it. Other than that it's all circle tracks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online