Harness Bar!!

pgfdv6

Reaction score
So shotrtly after having my daughter this past week(march 21) I will be returning to the track. in about a month or so and
I want to switch over to a 5 point harness and was wondering if they were any cheap harness bars or if any one that went to a full cage has an old bolt in one for sale.
how ever I do know that when it comes to safety "cheaper" is not always better.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Corbeau makes a harness bar.

Too bad it doesn't fit verts or i wouldve got it.

OP
OP
pgfdv6

pgfdv6

Reaction score
Corbeau makes a harness bar.

Too bad it doesn't fit verts or i wouldve got it.
yea I have seen that one its to bad $300 isnt in my budget lol or I would have bought that one
and i was just reading some where that you can a single hoop saleen bar that comes with a removable harness bar but not sure on that 100%

LilRoush

Reaction score
Harness bars are not safe. They aren't being allowed in some racing events now. You also don't want a single hoop. The safest thing on a budget will 4 point bolt in bar. But even a bolt is will run some risk if you get into a situation where you need the harness to save your life.

OP
OP
pgfdv6

pgfdv6

Reaction score
Harness bars are not safe. They aren't being allowed in some racing events now. You also don't want a single hoop. The safest thing on a budget will 4 point bolt in bar. But even a bolt is will run some risk if you get into a situation where you need the harness to save your life.
Are they consider to be safer than the oem 3 point seat belt I'm only interested in the harness bar because the car currently has no seat belts in it and I need to be ready by the 20th of April so just need to get me something in to get on track.

LilRoush

Reaction score
If you get into a situation where you need the 4 points over the OEM 3, the harness bar isn't goint to hold up as well.
I highly suggest you get the OEMs in place. 4 points aren't street legal and shouldn't replace the stock belt for street use.