Home made Vortech V1 Supercharger kit

IanSN95

Reaction score
Alright guys, so I have a question, I'm going to be picking up a Vortech V1 for my 99 2 valve and I am wondering what all im going to need for the build? I know im going to need the mounting bracket kit, to reroute my intake, and a tune, but what more is it going to need? Oil feed/drain hoses, new maf, by pass? What is mandatory and what is optional?
NOTE: dont worry about mentioning supporting mods because those are already covered.

UPDATE: If there is more needed could you point me in the right direction of where to get the parts from?

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Alright guys, so I have a question, I'm going to be picking up a Vortech V1 for my 99 2 valve and I am wondering what all im going to need for the build? I know im going to need the mounting bracket kit, to reroute my intake, and a tune, but what more is it going to need? Oil feed/drain hoses, new maf, by pass? What is mandatory and what is optional?
NOTE: dont worry about mentioning supporting mods because those are already covered.

UPDATE: If there is more needed could you point me in the right direction of where to get the parts from?

Alright off the top of my head let me get you the bare minimum needed to have a running 2v with a blower.

Vortech Headunit - Sounds like you will get that covered
Vortech Bracket - make sure you find one for either the 3-bolt tensioner or the 1 bolt depending on what timing cover is on your car
The intake assembly / Would include the intake pipe - air filter and maf mountng bracket -
V4FH112-010

Air Discharge Tube / Would include the intake pipe, bpv with hoses -
V4FH112-020

Oil Feed line -
V4FH130-026

Oil Drain line -
V4FH130-036

Lightning Maf is your cheapest way to go to support up to around 400rwhp - FMS-M-12579-L54

That's the majority of the stuff needed, if you can find a good V3 headunit that will make things a bit easier as you wouldnt need any oil feed or drain lines is a self contained blower.

You can also make your own power pipe (intake pipe) which will save you some money too, would allow for power power aswell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online