How much hp do I have?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
if you had to ask, it's not enough...

215/275 at the wheels.. The tune may help remedy a lean condition. Clean your IAC, check the TPS voltage and buy a blower.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
they are basically the same.

The real choke point on the 5.0's is the heads. IMO, don't waste your time doing just the intake till you can do the heads and cam too.

This is false. everyone thinks the choke point is the heads. Its the lower intake. Yes the heads don't help any, but put heads on with stock cam and intake dyno. Then put stock heads on and after market intake dyno. See for yourself.

Okay tryna break this down.
shorties, offroad h and mufflers- maybe 15-20hp
cold air intake- 3-5 hp
smog delete- 0 (less weight)
erg delete- 0 (less weight)
underdrive pulleys- maybe 5-10 hp
4:10 gears- no hp gains, no torque gains. just uses what you have and makes it feel like you gained 50 hp and a shit load of torque

So from the stock 215 rating, you might be at around 235-250ish at the crank. I have longtubes, offroad x, catback, 70mm throttlebody, 76mm maf, 4.10s.. So I have a small amount more, maybe 245-260ish. You should have around 200 rwhp on the other hand, especially since yours is stick. A GT40 & cobra intake do bolt on, it would only be beneficial if you do the lower intake aswell, than heads and cam.

Agree except the numbers from the underdrives. They don't make anything worth bragging about maybe 1-2 the most gains were with the serpentine belt off.That is dyno proven.

RichV

Reaction score
Change the air filter with one of those centrifugal ones, with a belt. :D

The whole stock top end is crap. An intake without heads is almost worthless, so are heads without intake. Here's a breakdown of power, I have all these dynosheets in person:

230 rwhp, stock E7s, stock headers, GT40 intake, stock cam
245 rwhp, stock E7s, stock headers, GT40 intake, e303
260-270 (depending on timing), GT40/GT40p, stock headers/BBK shortys, GT40 intake, e303

All had pulleys, stock t/b (mix of SN/Fox), off road H/X, dumps or side exit, no porting, stock internals. And no ECU tuning, stock GT MAF/SD. Power on DynoJet with #5 smoothing 4th gear through T5.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
This is false. everyone thinks the choke point is the heads. Its the lower intake. Yes the heads don't help any, but put heads on with stock cam and intake dyno. Then put stock heads on and after market intake dyno. See for yourself.

Agree except the numbers from the underdrives. They don't make anything worth bragging about maybe 1-2 the most gains were with the serpentine belt off.That is dyno proven.

Yeah I wasn't sure about the UD's so I was being a bit generous haha.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Lol minus the headers and gears I have nearly the same mod list as you, I went to a dyno day....it was hot, humid, and my car was on as I had to wait in a line. Best numbers were 194/257....go give or take around there.

That was with.....
Air silencer removed
K&N filter
Pypes o/r xpipe
Flow 40s
No emissions nonsense
a full tune up
either 89 or 93 and maybe even some fancy octane booster:eek:
I hadnt done my timing advance at this point though...I had an experienced friend of mine do it when I needed a new distributor as my PIP sensor went bad. It does make a difference which I was surprised about, number wise? Eh...

RichV

Reaction score
Okay tryna break this down.
shorties, offroad h and mufflers- maybe 15-20hp
cold air intake- 3-5 hp
smog delete- 0 (less weight)
erg delete- 0 (less weight)
underdrive pulleys- maybe 5-10 hp
4:10 gears- no hp gains, no torque gains. just uses what you have and makes it feel like you gained 50 hp and a shit load of torque

So from the stock 215 rating, you might be at around 235-250ish at the crank. I have longtubes, offroad x, catback, 70mm throttlebody, 76mm maf, 4.10s.. So I have a small amount more, maybe 245-260ish. You should have around 200 rwhp on the other hand, especially since yours is stick. A GT40 & cobra intake do bolt on, it would only be beneficial if you do the lower intake aswell, than heads and cam.

You can't add HP like that. That's 'ricer math'. :) Before you know it, you're at 300HP with a K&N, cat-back, t/b, bigger MAF, pulleys, and smog delete.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I just wish companies would quit falsely informing people. I thought the same and used under drives. Until I seen it myself.

I know right. People believe when certain aftermarket companies say 30hp from a handheld tuner and cai. Yeah think not.

OP
OP

Reaction score
Well one things for sure, 4:10 gears made an amazing improvement. And headers with offroad h-pipe and flows sounds great. But I am curious, would an offroad x-pipe sound better?

Kboss87

Reaction score
Well one things for sure, 4:10 gears made an amazing improvement. And headers with offroad h-pipe and flows sounds great. But I am curious, would an offroad x-pipe sound better?

I like my pypes x pipe. YouTube the difference between h and x.

tykempster

Reaction score
Of course gears make a difference...but not in actual power. My U/D pulleys DEFINITELY freed up some HP. I could feel it, people riding in my car before and after could too. Not a lot, but it's a real gain.

toyman

Reaction score
Of course gears make a difference...but not in actual power. My U/D pulleys DEFINITELY freed up some HP. I could feel it, people riding in my car before and after could too. Not a lot, but it's a real gain.

placebo effect, :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online