New Member with Questions on current build...

ZeroG84

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am new to the forums for mustangs. I purchased my first 5.0 Mustang in November of 2018 and it was lightly modified by the previous owner from stock. I previously owned a '93 Mustang Coupe (4 Cyl) 5-spd 2003-2004, '96 Mustang GT 4.6L 5-spd 2004-2006.

I have really enjoyed my 5.0 as it was well maintained mechanically by the previous owner. Unfortunately I started to go through oil and coolant more and more each oil change. The car was a garage queen for 7-8 years and only had 8,500 miles put on it in that time. It has been my DD since Day 1. I recently tore down the motor to the block and found coolant and some oil in the piston chambers. I then proceeded to build it back up with the additional upgrades listed in my signature.

I want to see what you all feel my car should be putting down RWHP and RWTQ after the re-build?

I would love to get it dyno-ed locally in Charleston, SC but due to reaching my build budget I cannot. The Stang will be fully operational again in 2 days (Hopefully if it turns over ;).

Sorry for the long intial post, just wanted to introduce myself and how I got to here. Thank you, I look forward to delving into the Mustang Forums and pick the brains of all you very experienced owners out there!

joe65

Reaction score
welcome. We'd all be guessing at what your car is producing hp wise. If you care to do some reading there's a thread on corral.net specifically for gt40 top end set ups. You might read through there for what some set ups are putting down. I really like the gt40 setups on the 5.0. Makes for a good solid running motor. I'd like to find a set of cheap gt40 heads for our 5.0 to have worked up a bit and put on.

found it. try some light reading here...lol
https://www.corral.net/threads/post-your-gt40-setups-here.1270602/

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Welcome to forums
Gt40 is a good set up , I'm not to sure about the explorer intake not sure what horse power it is worth
The one I run on my 95 is a gt40 tubular it will work well with any head and some cam combos, I also run the cobra style roller rocker set up

Last edited:

joe65

Reaction score
Welcome to forums
Gt40 is a good set up , I'm not to sure about the explorer intake not sure what horse power it is worth
The one I run on my 95 is a gt40 tubular it will work well with any head and some cam combos, I also run the cobra style roller rocker set up

I'm pretty sure that subject has been beat to death on various forums about the different gt40 intakes. The tubular one you have is definitely the one everyone wants for looks.

OP
OP
ZeroG84

ZeroG84

Reaction score
welcome. We'd all be guessing at what your car is producing hp wise. If you care to do some reading there's a thread on corral.net specifically for gt40 top end set ups. You might read through there for what some set ups are putting down. I really like the gt40 setups on the 5.0. Makes for a good solid running motor. I'd like to find a set of cheap gt40 heads for our 5.0 to have worked up a bit and put on.

found it. try some light reading here...lol
https://www.corral.net/threads/post-your-gt40-setups-here.1270602/
Excellent link thank you. I'm always up for some "light" reading!

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Ya it has
My old fox body I had in 92
I was always trying to figure out how to get it to go faster
Then I remembered go bigger
Put an old 460 interceptor c6 transmission 9 inch rear and 2 toilet s for a carb tunnel ram

ModalMustang

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am new to the forums for mustangs. I purchased my first 5.0 Mustang in November of 2018 and it was lightly modified by the previous owner from stock. I previously owned a '93 Mustang Coupe (4 Cyl) 5-spd 2003-2004, '96 Mustang GT 4.6L 5-spd 2004-2006.

I have really enjoyed my 5.0 as it was well maintained mechanically by the previous owner. Unfortunately I started to go through oil and coolant more and more each oil change. The car was a garage queen for 7-8 years and only had 8,500 miles put on it in that time. It has been my DD since Day 1. I recently tore down the motor to the block and found coolant and some oil in the piston chambers. I then proceeded to build it back up with the additional upgrades listed in my signature.

I want to see what you all feel my car should be putting down RWHP and RWTQ after the re-build?

I would love to get it dyno-ed locally in Charleston, SC but due to reaching my build budget I cannot. The Stang will be fully operational again in 2 days (Hopefully if it turns over ;).

Sorry for the long intial post, just wanted to introduce myself and how I got to here. Thank you, I look forward to delving into the Mustang Forums and pick the brains of all you very experienced owners out there!

Hey buddy welcome, you gotta post some pics though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online