New owner

hobsonsas

Reaction score
Purchased a black '97 Cobra yesterday with 102000, pulled three codes, P0136, P0156, and P1433(fuel pressure sensor circuit) not sure if that is referring to the MAP sensor or what? Also, hear a clicking sound near the upper intake sort of like an exhaust leak. Previous owner said that was most likely the Charge motion control motor? I'm not sure being new to the 4.6 club so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. It does have aftermarket exhaust so maybe that's the cause of the O2 sensors throwing a code. Mainly concerned about the clicking noise as its more pronounced under acceleration than just coasting along. Thanks.

Traidmarx

Reaction score
hmmm hard to diagnose that over the internet without actually seeing it...can you make a lil video of it??

OP
OP
H

hobsonsas

Reaction score
Will try and get some pics up. I came across an article that talked about Intake runner manifold control so maybe that's it.

Traidmarx

Reaction score
i dunno doubt the IMRC plates would do that..they normally don't open up until around 3200 or something.

OP
OP
H

hobsonsas

Reaction score
That's another idea I had but wasn't sure if it should be more pronounced. Tends to be a constant, anyway I will check this stuff out after it gets a new paint job; should have it back in a few days.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
If you have an aftermarket exhaust.. an exhaust leak is a good guess. and that your o2 sensors are throwing the codes obviously.

Specially if your catless.. hell even with my high flow cats.. hell even with co2 deletes i cannot for the life of me get my car to stop throwing an o2 sensor code! lol.. its a smart car let me tell you.. ill hafta wait for a tune..

so in the mean time check on all of that stuff concerning ur exhaust.. dunno about that particular noise thoug..

OP
OP
H

hobsonsas

Reaction score
Had the noise looked at this past saturday and there are a couple of things he said it could be: 1) not getting oiled properly since the sound is near the back 2 cylinders on the drivers side, 2) a rounded lobe on the cam -lots to fix that, however I came across some other threads about a bad fuel injector or valve retainer. Sounds like I need to post some with sound.

OP
OP
H

hobsonsas

Reaction score
Mechanic said it was rod bearings. He dropped oil pan and replaced rod bearings that were chewed up; and the particulates sitting in the oil pan. Mentioned about quick lube shops starting them up with little or no oil in the engine to be a cause. Not a good idea to get in your car and gun the engine in the morning or after sitting for a while, let that oil circulate and save yourselves some hefty costs. Anyway 1000$ later the car is running much better.

OP
OP
H

hobsonsas

Reaction score
Time to get rid of that Spec Stage 3 clutch also! Way too much clutch for a basically stock engine. I don't need a clutch that handles almost 700 ft/lbs of torque on a 300hp engine. Wish people would think about application before they dive and get these ridiculous parts. Put on some intake/exhaust upgrades before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjac

Members online