New to Mustangs

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am new to mustangs and would like some advice, I am from Indiana also. Currently I have no mustang but am looking at getting a 2002 gt with a bad motor. They want 3100.00 for it and it only has 65k miles on it. They say there is a rattle in the block and when they try and move it it stalls. I want to get something and redo it from the ground up. If the block is bad could a 2v 4.6 make 500hp with a supercharger? All help would be greatly appreciated.

castine917

Reaction score
let's start with price. that price sounds high for a bad motor. you can't even tell if it has other issues with a test drive, can you?

what tools and mechanical knowledge do you have?

500 with a supercharger is possible with research and proper parts choices.

jabird

Reaction score
Interesting questions, but not sure where you are going. Are you planning on rebuilding the 4.6? The block and crank are good for 500 hp, but you'll want all new pistons and rods. Do some research before you make a decision, you're talking about a complex motor and expensive parts. For example, Diamond makes awesome pistons designed for boost. $600.00 for eight. Manley rods and bearings cost around $550.00, and you still need to have the crank and heads done. If the block is bad, you'll be looking for a new motor anyway.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Livernois has 4.6 blocks for 600.00. I plan on reusing the block if I can. I was going to forge everything on the bottom end and have a buddy of mine that builds cars help me with the motor. I was going to use trick flow heads, I heard those are the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Devin72

Members online