Noisy Vortech supercharger

95chargedstang

Reaction score
I have a question about the Vortech supercharger on my 95. It's noisy at idle but noisy turning by hand. Is it normal to have rotational noise or is there a bad bearing?. This is my first boosted Mustang. It is a 5.0 with a cam. The previous owner gave me no info on the engine.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I would post a video of it using YouTube
In this same tread
See how bad it is
It may be nothing
Put it in a video

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they still make a little noise at idle but i never spun mine enough or fast enough to make it make noise. The one time I changed the oil in it I thought it was louder afterwards but I think it was just the first time I really listened to it.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Model # should be stamped on the ID plate, V1 gonna be noisy. Should also be a serial number on it- you can call Vortech and they can let you know exactly what blower you've got and advise on what may or may not be ok sounds.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
My Kenne bell at first made a little noise ,found out that was breaking in took a bit to shut up

JavorM1

Reaction score
they still make a little noise at idle but i never spun mine enough or fast enough to make it make noise. The one time I changed the oil in it I thought it was louder afterwards but I think it was just the first time I really listened to it.
I thought the same thing when I first changed the oil on mine. Seemed a lot louder than before. Was a little nervous I messed something up.

mtrmn3472035

Reaction score
There should not be any rough or 'grinding' noise while spinning the bearings - like a 'bad' bearing, ot it obviously would need to be replaced - but you will have some normal gear 'backlash' sound, from the required clearance between the gear teeth.
Supercharger Rebuilds .com offers parts and quick repairs and upgrades too !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online