Possible bad tranny mount, or something else?

VoodooBear

Reaction score
I was just cruising to work on Tuesday when I heard a faint "pop" coming from the rear. Then a "clunking" noise and a vibration that increases with speed. When letting off the gas there's another type of vibration as well, this one doesn't happen all the time. I suspected something happened with the driveshaft. Nothing catastrophic since the car didn't leave me stranded, I even ran it hard a couple of times on my way home and nothing else happened. Just the same noise and vibrations.

Today I jacked the car up and did a visual and tugging by hand inspection... I don't really know much about these cars but nothing seemed out of the ordinary with the shaft itself or the u-joints. I had my dad move a wheel back and forth with the car in gear while I got under the car. There was a hard "clunk" coming from the rear of the tranny and I could tell it was moving slightly with evet "clunk". The tranny mount was cracked and the bolts were a bit loose.

So could a bad tranny mount cause the symptoms I'm having?

johns94gt

Reaction score
I replaced mine recently and the metal plate that the bolts that are conected to crumbled in pieces when i went to take off the mount. When i did an visual inspection before i took it off i couldnt see where it was broken. Mine also made a clunking noise as well, but it could also be the ujoints!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAR_19

Members online