*Question for Detailers* How much do you charge?

vibrantred5.0

Reaction score
Dunno if this should be in the general or shine section but anyways....

I'm gunna be fully detailing my buddys pickup...its a 09 toyota tacoma short box, reg. cab...so its not a huge truck...

I will be claying, and everything that follows....I have an orbital polisher....

How much do you detailers charge? I know I'm not near as experienced as any of you so I won't be asking a ton.

How much should I charge for the a full detail?

Sinned83

Reaction score
It really depends on how bad the finish is and the interior. Those can be very time consuming. I only do this to friends and familys cars as a hobby. Call a local shop and see what they get.

OP
OP
V

vibrantred5.0

Reaction score
I just started too, and I'm pretty sure the truck isn't in bad condition.....its really new only like 6k miles on it....so I dunno jw...

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly cant answer this because the cost of a detail has so many factors in the charge.... The main factor being your experience and skill.

OP
OP
V

vibrantred5.0

Reaction score
Alrighty, well I've only waxed the cars that my family owns....our suv, car, my car....I've only clayed and done the works on my car....and I am by no means even near a professional. I've watched tons of videos on the internet on how to do everything. I know this doesn't help with my experience. But I don't really even know where to start with charge? :dontknow: Like 50 bucks for everything?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Charge whatever you feel is reasonable to pay for your products and your labor.

Every area/city has different prices people will pay for a detail.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
good luck, just make sure you cover your costs!!!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
good luck, just make sure you cover your costs!!!

Yea, don't be like me and offer to do a minor washing job on a friend's family member's Accord for $50 and realize you had to spend $50 in better stuff to get a halfway decent job. Thank god they weren't picky, that car was a MESS.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
$100.00 for 8 hours minumum... gone into a 2 day project before, costing $160.00 for 13 man hours.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cost of your services depends on your area. If you show people you can do excellent work and offer them a good price, they will continue coming back to you.

Most importantly, just make sure you cover your costs of the products you use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online