running a 4v with the valve cover off

loneshark

Reaction score
sup guys. can i do this without hurting the motor due to lack of a vacuum ? I need to find out whats ticking under the valve cover? thanks. !

dafizuck

Reaction score
Re: running a 4v without the valve cover off

Tbuck07 did that on his 2v to test. I dont know if it hurts it or not though, sorry man.

OP
OP
L

loneshark

Reaction score
Re: running a 4v without the valve cover off

thanks man... anyone else ?

switch96

Reaction score
Those covers are crazy hard to get on and off! It is in fact possible, but you'll need a few hours and a whole lot of patience, and more of both to reinstall them. I wouldn't run it too long with the cover off.

OP
OP
L

loneshark

Reaction score
thanks guys, yea, i figured as much, that the cover can come off. I was hoping to hear from someone who has done this already, so they can tell me if the heads squirt oil straight up towards the bottom of the valve cover? so i can prepare for a messy situation.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
It will flip oil all over the place, but I dont think it will squirt oil out like that. a quick trip to the car wash after its all assembled usually cleans her up nice.

OP
OP
L

loneshark

Reaction score
do you speak from experience ? or just by knowledge of how the cams are lubed ? you say it will flip oil ? so does the oil pump up towards the bottom of the cam ? anyone have a pic of where the oil comes from in the head?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
heres a pic when my heads were completely disassembled

rebuild67.jpg

OP
OP
L

loneshark

Reaction score
so how does the oil get up to the valvetrain ? thru the holes in the journals that the cam sit in?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online