Seat covers

mustang1996gt

Reaction score
Does anyone have a cheap seat cover suggestion from eBay or amazon that fits decently and looks ok. faux leather or cloth, Greatly appreciated.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Are you looking for something to protect what you have or just to cover seats that need to be recovered later? What is your definition of cheap?

OP
OP
mustang1996gt

mustang1996gt

Reaction score
Something that would protect and cover existing seats and not look like generic mis-aligned seat covers from eBay. Yet still be a cheap seat covers under $50 from eBay. Something that fits like a glove and looks like a normal seat without braking the bank.
Something that wouldn't scream cheap seat cover from first glance.

95opal

Reaction score
Never could wrap my head around seat covers. Buy nice seats ...then buy cheap ugly covers to hide nice seats lmao. Makes no sense

Snorky

Reaction score
over the winter I reskinned my seats with tmi vinyl. Love how they came out. Used new seat foams on the fronts too.

OP
OP
mustang1996gt

mustang1996gt

Reaction score
Never could wrap my head around seat covers. Buy nice seats ...then buy cheap ugly covers to hide nice seats lmao. Makes no sense
I sealed all the cracks in the leather with leather glue to slow them down from developing further. but the repairs are very visible I have gray leather seats, I tried to redye them into black. Its not working out as I expected. bc the sides of the seat are vinyl and the dye is not adhering to vinyl. I gave up for now. I wanna shield the seats from the sun.

over the winter I reskinned my seats with tmi vinyl. Love how they came out. Used new seat foams on the fronts too.
That sounds awesome, but its a little pricey for my budget. This is also my extreme budget project. I cant justify spending a lot of money on it. I'm ok with it looking somewhat presentable.

Anyways I found these $30 generic covers and they fit ok, I will sow on some straps to prevent them from sliding around. thx for the input. 20230506_120459.jpg

Slice

Reaction score
Agreed... $50 seat covers will look like $50 seat covers. Better to buy some used seats or the skins from used seats. Regarding the dye, if you buy Leatherique" dye - it will perform! I have used it on car leather and also vinyl. I even tested it on the top of a margarine container before starting to see if it would scratch off. It would not scratch off no matter how hard I raked at it with my car keys. You should be able to Google it and find it online.

OP
OP
mustang1996gt

mustang1996gt

Reaction score
Thx for all your input, Ill give it a try, I've been researching how to properly redeye them, I've freshened up the rear seats they came out good. they were in really bad shape.

Attachments

• 20230501_190550[1].jpg
    20230501_190550[1].jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230428_185500[1].jpg
    20230428_185500[1].jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 7

Slice

Reaction score
I had a Volvo P1800 sports coupe once. The leather stitching had let go on the seams. I carefully removed the leather covers and hand stitched them with strong thread being careful to go through the original holes. Stitch by stitch, it took about 3 hours but it was worth it the seats look fabulous once again.

maillemaker

Reaction score
I had a Volvo P1800 sports coupe once. The leather stitching had let go on the seams. I carefully removed the leather covers and hand stitched them with strong thread being careful to go through the original holes. Stitch by stitch, it took about 3 hours but it was worth it the seats look fabulous once again.
I love dedication to a craft! :)

OP
OP
mustang1996gt

mustang1996gt

Reaction score
oh wow, I should have done that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online