Steering Rack Options

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Well, that's just bizarre. I'd call them and talk about it, because the steering shaft should not work any different than stock.

OP
OP
Slykin

Slykin

Reaction score
That is weird.... i'd like to get a MM shaft eventually, but I don't need that problem lol. Hey ReplicaR, do you know if the foxbody rag joints are the same as ours? I need one for my steering shaft, but no one seems to sell one for my 94.

gumby5.0

Reaction score
I'm running a mm shaft and mac shorties with no clearance problems whatsoever.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

95gtSteve

Reaction score
SO, can I use others?

Greetings all....

My dad passed and I have his 95 GT 'vert/5 speed. Trying to bring her back to her glory days.

Anyway, here in Las Vegas, lots of racks floating around on Craigs. rf-f6sc-355-aa.

Checked with friends at the 'zone and there appears to be different racks between 94/95 and the 96-98 due to the engine change. Reading this thread, it appears that MAY not be the case? Right now, it's a matter of $$, after 6 months unemployment. OEM Reman from the zone is a buck o 4. So, in short, will any rf-f6sc rack fit?

TIA!!!

GT Rob

Reaction score
Two thing about a bad rack mines makes a lot of noise when I'm parked I trun the wheel I can hear it make a tick noise so I'm thinking its bad. Now I heard that you have to bleed the system out when you replace it is this ture and if so how do you bleed it

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back from the dead. I just installed a M/M solid steering shaft and poly rack bushings, and to my surprise the car has on center slop. One thing I did notice was that the steering inputs are wayyyy sharper when turning into a corner. The only thing left is the steering rack and I guess its just worn which really sucks. The car has 105k so for it to have play in the center is really disappointing to me.

Mods:
Steeda bumpsteer kit
OEM inner tie roads
OEM steering rack
M/M solid Shaft
M/M poly bushings

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Definitely steering rack. Inner tie rods on mine are sloppy, but I dont care. Car will never be more than a weekend cruiser.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Definitely steering rack. Inner tie rods on mine are sloppy, but I dont care. Car will never be more than a weekend cruiser.

I replaced my inner tie rods about 3-4 years ago maybe longer, but its for sure the steering rack. This car is going to be more of 1/4-1/2 racer and I can't have that sloppy joe steering lol. For the street its fine but for going fast not really...dam sloppy joe steering...burgers are nice though.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
a1bd71e9_revival.jpg

Tots the rack.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I want to get AGR rack but is kind of scared because of all the threads I read online about them. Its like 50/50 chance you get something legit.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Comb craigslist and FB for low mile 03/04 Cobra racks. I got mine for @$100 from the guy I bought my IRS from. He was building a drag Cobra out of a 40k mile Terminator.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, perfect fit. This is the rack all those AGR threads are about. People order the aftermarket racks hoping they are 00R or 03/04 spec.

A nice used Terminator rack will run you $225-300 though.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Yes, perfect fit. This is the rack all those AGR threads are about. People order the aftermarket racks hoping they are 00R or 03/04 spec.

A nice used Terminator rack will run you $225-300 though.

How do you like yours for every day driving and highway driving. I dont like the sloppy on-center play with my oem rack. If the 03/04 Cobra removes most of this play I think its worth it. Stiffer feel will be a bonus too...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It gives more feel to the road which I prefer. Not that much more different than stock. You can tell the difference but it's not going to feel like an Indy car is what I am saying.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
It gives more feel to the road which I prefer. Not that much more different than stock. You can tell the difference but it's not going to feel like an Indy car is what I am saying.

Yeah I understand. If I can't find a 03/04 cobra rack in the near future, I will go with re-manufactured A1 Cardone rack. Atleast they make good stuff..

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't want to chance the aftermarket unit not being any different than a gt.

Mach 1 racks and 04 gt are supposed to be upgrades over what we have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online

No members online now.