Stupid CMC question

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Technically yes, but they had shorter runners IIRC and are better for torque than HP. If you are road racing, you want as much upper-end HP as possible. Which would point you towards a bullitt intake or the trick flow track heat intake.

edit: I just noticed you have a 5.0 not a 4.6 so this probably doesn't apply in your case.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes you can. It's nearly the exact same as a Cobra.. You'll need an adapter elbow if you want to use your origional TB.

RichV

Reaction score
Yes you can, they are legal. P heads are as well.

You're not thinking of ... of ... :)

RichV

Reaction score
whos-awesome.jpg

RichV

Reaction score
Well it's definitely one of the cheapest race classes out there.

We have guys that race for extremely cheap. Buy a car, junkyard parts, used everything, cheap or free tires from other racers, and away you go. Now to be competitive depends on your competition, but that gets expensive in any class. You could have 5 guys that run Foxes/SN95s on minimum budget and be fightin' for position every race. The minute that guy shows up, the newer car, big trailer, built to the rules, the game changes. But it's fun none the less. As long as you have someone to race with, it may be at the back of the pack, but you'll have a blast doing it!

Majority of cost is gonna be safety equiptment. But it can be had used as well just to get out there.

ba#97

Reaction score
Well it's definitely one of the cheapest race classes out there.

We have guys that race for extremely cheap. Buy a car, junkyard parts, used everything, cheap or free tires from other racers, and away you go. Now to be competitive depends on your competition, but that gets expensive in any class. You could have 5 guys that run Foxes/SN95s on minimum budget and be fightin' for position every race. The minute that guy shows up, the newer car, big trailer, built to the rules, the game changes. But it's fun none the less. As long as you have someone to race with, it may be at the back of the pack, but you'll have a blast doing it!

Majority of cost is gonna be safety equiptment. But it can be had used as well just to get out there.

I know when I finally go wheel to wheel......I'm gonna buy a used racecar already built. and go from there. that way you aren't spending all that extra cash on safety equipment etc and doing all the trial and error. someone already handled it!

RichV

Reaction score
Dollar for dollar buying a car with a Logbook will save you in the longrun. Just make sure you can drive it before you buy. Just like a street car, you don't want to buy someone elses problems. A guy in our region last year bought a new edge with a 5.0 pushrod, had all the bells and whistles. He spent all season figuring out a miss the car has in left-hand turns. Can't quite figure it out, hope he'll have it licked this year. But essentiay spent the season chasing down gremlins, just like I did in my 94's 1st season.

ba#97

Reaction score
Dollar for dollar buying a car with a Logbook will save you in the longrun. Just make sure you can drive it before you buy. Just like a street car, you don't want to buy someone elses problems. A guy in our region last year bought a new edge with a 5.0 pushrod, had all the bells and whistles. He spent all season figuring out a miss the car has in left-hand turns. Can't quite figure it out, hope he'll have it licked this year. But essentiay spent the season chasing down gremlins, just like I did in my 94's 1st season.
yeah definitely getting it to the track to take a few laps in it before buying it would be good. I'm thinking spec miata maybe if I ever decide to go wheel to wheel. at least to start out.