took out my cam. pics and questions

Reaction score
so i decided to go for the cam swap after seeing the failed lifter and feeling a damaged lobe.
took off the water pump and timing cover, took out the radiator and moved the air conditioning condensor out of the way, and pulled the cam.
yippee. this whole thing started with me just wanting to take the heads off, but managing to get the cam out makes me feel even better. if i get it all back together and running, that will be fantastic.
heres some pics and some questions/comments:

what are the two holes for at the end of the cam? also, i was never sure what cam was in there, and it looks like its a F303. however, its stamped F3D3. does that make sense?

anything look strange/wrong here?

this damage was due to a lifter that failed. wasnt rolling anymore i guess.

i dont know how this blemish got there, but it feels smooth as the rest of the lobe

any thoughts/comments?

OP
OP

Reaction score
btw, the thing im most interested in knowing is what the holes are for at the end of the cam.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
It won't be a f303 you'd know that cam sounds pretty nasty I have one in my car and it's highly unlikely with stock heads that someone would install that cam

OP
OP

Reaction score
It won't be a f303 you'd know that cam sounds pretty nasty I have one in my car and it's highly unlikely with stock heads that someone would install that cam
it did sound nasty, im going to miss it :) i dont have stock heads either. once upon a time this car was supercharged. cam went in with the heads and supercharger. and, like i said, its stamped F3D3 (you can see it in the first pic)

OP
OP

Reaction score
nobody knows what the two holes are for at the end of the cam?

full force

Reaction score
That's F303, just looks like a D, I will assume the holes are for the lathe when machining if I had to guess, never questioned those before lol

Make sure the rear block plug is not too far in, looks maybe like it was rubbing?? or is it just the picture??

OP
OP

Reaction score
Rear block plug?
That's F303, just looks like a D, I will assume the holes are for the lathe when machining if I had to guess, never questioned those before lol

Make sure the rear block plug is not too far in, looks maybe like it was rubbing?? or is it just the picture??

RichV

Reaction score
Camshaft3.jpg

My guess as well on the holes.

Are you not using it? Seems like it's just fine from a functionality standpoint.

full force

Reaction score
Not the plug no... But just make sure the back if can is not wearing on that

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online