windsor heads?

grthayer

Reaction score
exactly how hard is it to swap the windsor heads onto my 96 romeo block? what all needs to be changed over? ive got the complete 2000 windsor top end.

NERD

Reaction score
grthayer said:
exactly how hard is it to swap the windsor heads onto my 96 romeo block? what all needs to be changed over? ive got the complete 2000 windsor top end.

Your timing cover wont bolt on the correctly. Plus you'll need new valve covers.

OP
OP
G

grthayer

Reaction score
i got the valve covers and the 4 10mm bolts. is that correct. 4 10mm bolts

96gt226410

Reaction score
grthayer said:
i got the valve covers and the 4 10mm bolts. is that correct. 4 10mm bolts

Yeah, I think there's only 4 of them. I used Windsor parts when I did my PI swap. Good luck.

OP
OP
G

grthayer

Reaction score
thanks. 1 more ? will i need a windsor timing cover or the romeo will work?

NERD

Reaction score
I'm using my timing cover for my 99 on my 04 Romeo block and one of the bolt holes are different.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
just thinking out loud here...

for a romeo head on a windsor block.......

when doing this you should replace the timing chains and gears, since your in there, I would think... right?

and you need a new timing cover...

and you should replace the followers...

why not throw on some 4v heads?

obviously there will be more involved, but if you are gunna leave the car parked all winter, or its a project car in the first place... why not?

new fuel injectors I assume (not sure)
fuel rails? (not sure)
fuel pump? (not sure)
spark plugs would be a good thing to change in the middle of a head swap.
timing gears. -have to buy anyways
timing chains. -have to buy anyways
timing cover. -have to buy anyways
relocate pulleys (maybe, i dono)
throttle body (good time to change anyways)
intake plumbing (maybe, if the 2v doesnt fit) this gives you a chance to get a larger MAF (good thing to do before a professional tune anyways)
new ECU (ouch, that would suck, if a cobra one runs a few $100s)
headers (can get pricey)

so... i mean... i dono... what does everyone else think? just tryin' to make a little conversation... :)

OP
OP
G

grthayer

Reaction score
ok great. im dropin my heads off tomaro to get check. ive already got brand new stock cams. im gonna order new valves, springs, and retainers tomarrow. what is the std size valves in the pi heads. im biding on a new in box valves spring set from comp for 100 bucks. what yall think? i want some good valves. what yall think?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
id honestly ask the guy who your having do your heads.... i dono about your shop, but i plan on having my shop do EvERYTHING reguarding the heads.... including chosing my cams..... i dono...

but $100 for comp springs isnt too shabby! id go for it.

NERD

Reaction score
I'm using Windsor timing set... The only thing thats different on my car is the Romeo block... Everything else I bolted on. The only thing that was different was the one bolt stud that I fixed so it does.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
sxynerd said:
I'm using Windsor timing set... The only thing thats different on my car is the Romeo block... Everything else I bolted on. The only thing that was different was the one bolt stud that I fixed so it does.

fixed as in what?

i just bought pi heads now, and i have to worry about my timing cover fitting? i never knew this was a problem in the first place..

Nater

Reaction score
I am running Windsor heads currently in my setup....You need the Timing cover and vavle covers....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online