WTB-valve covers 5.0

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Looking for aftermarket valve covers for a 1995 5.0. As close to plug and play as possible so looking for close to stock height. Engine currently has stock rockers. Will likely be buying new in a couple weeks if I don't find anything beforehand

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Take in to consideration the valve covers need to be
Like 89 93 short
Egr valve . Top intake . Oil filler neck . Rockers hitting under valve cover .
Some of these are problems with valve covers and require a intake spacer

Filler neck is the one pain getting the right set
Throttle body will sit right on top of it

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Found a few:

Likely would need a spacer

These say direct replacement so 'should' fit fine?

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Good luck on that as we always found it was a crap-shoot. I have the Cobra 1.7 roller rockers on mine but had to remove the baffle under the oil filler neck. I never had a problem with it sucking oil into the intake although I have heard some have. My cousin and I put a set of Comp Cams polymer valve covers on his but we had to place and cut the oil filler neck hole ourselves. I've heard some people have good luck using the 87-93 valve covers with no problem. However, I have also seen where they had to be clearanced to fit behind the alternator. Polished up the look really sharp. If you could find a set of 94-95 OEM Cobra valve covers you'd be in business as those cars came with roller rockers. IF you can find a set, plan to pay stupid crazy money for them though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.