White95’s ‘23 F-150 “Abominable”

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have to laugh just because the thought of doing that anywhere around my last job at intel in the cleanroom or any of the countless areas around it would have probably set off some kind of alarm. Someone would smell it and suddenly the whole fab would be emptied to find that I had painted some car parts. That would have gone over well.... I kid you not they had signs at every stairwell saying 1.) stay to the right. 2.) hold the handrail 3.) One step at a time and if you were not following any of these rules someone would call you out....

Now obviously at any of my car audio install jobs it would not have even be noticed.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I have to laugh just because the thought of doing that anywhere around my last job at intel in the cleanroom or any of the countless areas around it would have probably set off some kind of alarm. Someone would smell it and suddenly the whole fab would be emptied to find that I had painted some car parts. That would have gone over well.... I kid you not they had signs at every stairwell saying 1.) stay to the right. 2.) hold the handrail 3.) One step at a time and if you were not following any of these rules someone would call you out....

Now obviously at any of my car audio install jobs it would not have even be noticed.

Luckily, this unit doesn’t have area atmospheric monitoring because it’s the Water Treatment area. This particular substation has been out of service since 2015 and we just use it on occasion to duck off. The VCM, PVC and ChlorAlkali production units have very robust, gas chromatograph backed systems that would’ve definitely set off an alarm in the Control Room.

The area manager mandated people wear goggles out side yesterday because it was super windy. We just stayed inside because fuck that guy.

weendoggy

Reaction score
Luckily, this unit doesn’t have area atmospheric monitoring because it’s the Water Treatment area. This particular substation has been out of service since 2015 and we just use it on occasion to duck off. The VCM, PVC and ChlorAlkali production units have very robust, gas chromatograph backed systems that would’ve definitely set off an alarm in the Control Room.

The area manager mandated people wear goggles out side yesterday because it was super windy. We just stayed inside because fuck that guy.
I bet the paint smelled better than what was in there.

When do you put goggles on, before you go out or when you're outside? Kind of an oxymoron request. Maybe the area manager was the latter of that word. o_O

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Started the day off right by having the shop door yanked from my hand by strong gust of wind. Super. Luckily, it’s just a plastic cover and will be easily repaired/replaced.

IMG_3606.jpeg

After the vents sat over night, I used some JB Weld “PlasticWeld” to adhere the actual vented section to the trim. This stuff is awesome and I’m going to use it more often.

IMG_3608.jpegIMG_3610.jpeg

If anyone was wondering, it really is a vent. Its purpose? Who knows.

IMG_3609.jpeg

I’m pleased with the results!

IMG_3614.jpegIMG_3615.jpegIMG_3616.jpeg

Stay tuned. More to come!

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Going to make some noise after work tomorrow morning! Yanked the exhaust again and pulled the seats this time. Couldn’t resist a pass on the way in and was rewarded with a new best. Fastest trap speed to date as well. Earlier this week, the temps & DA were much lower so one can only wonder what if…

IMG_3889.jpeg

IMG_3892.png

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
IMG_3913.jpeg

Now that I’ve reached my initial goal of an 11 second daily driver, I’m going to switch my focus to the center console swap and doing suspension work. A bit more control may lead to better 60’ times and that will translate to quicker ET’s. Have to figure out a way to stay in the 11’s when the weather inevitably warms up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online