H&R springs going in today!!

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
as some of you may know i've been sitting on these springs for a while now. havent had time really to stick them in (had time just too lazy) but today i the day, lol.

kinda worried it's going to look too tall and have too much wheel gap, but excited to finally bee able to drive the car with less worries. i have played around with different ride hieghts on this car from day 1 and never really dug it sitting with a small drop. but i can always cut coils off the H&R's if need be.

why not coilovers you say? cause i would do bags before i'd bother with c/o's. for the $ i could put together an air ride setup for close to he same $ as high end c/o's.

wish me luck fellas. hope it looks good.

i'll post up some pics when i get 'em in. get some opinions from y guys

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
coilovers are way cheaper than bags from what I've seen and probably handle better to boot. mm coilovers with springs is like 380 for the front, the rear i just lowered down on adjustable control arms. either way the car will look good, hopefully you got the supersport springs. just keep in mind you're used to the slammed look, may take a little time to get used to it.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
He wrote high end coilovers ,MM aren't high end coilovers.

Tony's been building mini trucks for years so he knows his way around air bags and I'm sure would build his own kit to keep costs down

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
air tank=$60-70
air compressor=$150-200
double convoluted air bag (4)=$350-400
DOT tee fittings=$3-5
1/2" air line=$40
4 valve block=$200
water trap=$150-200

everything else needed, i already have, lol. (gauges, momentary switches, QA1 adjustable shocks...et)

$1,000 in parts.

$1,500 for eibach c/o's...lol

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i almost dont wanna tell you guys this but see this little weld, lol! had to do it cause my springs were so short. any raise of the car and they fell straight out. yes folks i actually did a couple spot welds to keep it in place :(
Untitled-1456.jpg

guess how long it took me to fn hack saw through those FUUUUUKERS!!!!

takin a break. got the rears out and the H&R's in.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lol nice tony I wondered how they would stay in being that low. You should have used cut off wheels buddy.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
god i wish i still had one, lol. my compressor kicked the bucket. i didnt spot weld the fronts so they should be a little easier.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sorry MM is just one of the leading, highest quality Mustang suspension companies, they must really suck!

And really, since when has Eibach been considered quality?

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
^that's my point my dude, lol. just an average c/o (which eibach is good stuff) costs a little more than an air ride setup

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
wtf are you trying to argue about dude, lol. who said $1,000 was less than $380? i said i can bag a fuukin mustang for less than a high end coilover. and i can!

you bored man?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
no, i'm just wondering what you're saying. You said an average coil-over kit costs MORE than an air ride setup, just wondering how you figured that since the "average" coil-over kits I've seen are a third of the price you listed for air ride.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
no dude reread my op. i said a high end c/o. they can run well over $1,000. i get your point. i know they make good c/o's for way less than a grand but i'd rather hit a switch and raise/lower ride height in a blink of an eye, lol. air ride handles decent. just gotta get good shocks and mount your bags right.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
cut off wheels FTW! LOL.

and at least by welding those in you didnt have to worry about them settling funny ;-)

how long have you been doing air-bags, Tony? I kinda want them on my car. Do they function well for drag racing?

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i've bagged alot of cars/trucks over the years. i wou;d say they wou;d function better for road course and cornering than drag racing.

the actual air bag is just a spring replacement. other components can be added to the suspension to prevent body roll (which bags get a bad rap for) and can actually allow the bags to respond better than coils.

like for instance coupled with an adjustable shock & good antiswaybars you can tap a switch & go firm and tight, soft and comfy, and everything in between, lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online