1998CobraSVT's Bright Atlantic Blue Coupe

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Great thread. cant wait to see what else you got.

The skirts and wing arent that bad. They nicely break up the soft lines this car is known for. Might be more trouble taking them off. If you wanted to go lower id say ditch the skirts but keep the wing.

Thanks Buddy :cheers:

The Xenon kit has been growing on me more and more everyday since i bought it. Im happy with it. I agree that it will be extra trouble removing it. For now its staying on. Maybe down the road ill remove it and see whats there to work with. Lower isnt my main concern, i think after i beef up the tire size and add some wheel spacers it will make for a really clean stance. I am definitely leaving the S-351 wing. Some have suggested having it painted blue. I am still tossing the idea around. Black wing or Blue Wing... Hmmmmmm.

This build has only just begun, looking forward to moving on to the next phase of the project when finances allow. May be moving in Oct or Nov.

MrE

Reaction score
Thanks Buddy :cheers:

The Xenon kit has been growing on me more and more everyday since i bought it. Im happy with it. I agree that it will be extra trouble removing it. For now its staying on. Maybe down the road ill remove it and see whats there to work with. Lower isnt my main concern, i think after i beef up the tire size and add some wheel spacers it will make for a really clean stance. I am definitely leaving the S-351 wing. Some have suggested having it painted blue. I am still tossing the idea around. Black wing or Blue Wing... Hmmmmmm.

This build has only just begun, looking forward to moving on to the next phase of the project when finances allow. May be moving in Oct or Nov.

$$$ is always the problem. I pretty much have my lady thinking im crazy and the only cure is a mustang. So she's prepared for the lack of sit down dinner dates lol.
The wing tho i think a contrast in black is good. Leave it black. If it where me tho and i wanted to paint it i would paint the underside and maybe the winglets of the wing to color match leaving the stems and top black then clearcoat the whole thing. This way you tie together the design but retain that custom kinda bolt on feel.

MrE

Reaction score
$$$ is always the problem. I pretty much have my lady thinking im crazy and the only cure is a mustang. So she's prepared for the lack of sit down dinner dates lol.
The wing tho i think a contrast in black is good. Leave it black. If it where me tho and i wanted to paint it i would paint the underside and maybe the winglets of the wing to color match leaving the stems and top black then clearcoat the whole thing. This way you tie together the design but retain that custom kinda bolt on feel.

...i might paint the stems as well on second thought lol

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
If it where me tho and i wanted to paint it i would paint the underside and maybe the winglets of the wing to color match leaving the stems and top black then clearcoat the whole thing. This way you tie together the design but retain that custom kinda bolt on feel.

Interesting idea.

The wing tho i think a contrast in black is good. Leave it black.

^ agreed i am leaning towards just keeping it black. Never hurts to consider other paths, but something tells me that making the wing blue would be just a little too much blue for me. As you said, as it is, it creates a nice contrast.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Great find and it looks like you got things straightened out!

She's a beauty. The Xenon is definitely one of the better made body kits.

Where' in SLC area are you, i don't think i've seen your car around?

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Saw this thread pop up and was wondering why I haven't seen it before....then saw that you last updated it in October lol. What's new?

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Great find and it looks like you got things straightened out!

She's a beauty. The Xenon is definitely one of the better made body kits.

Where' in SLC area are you, i don't think i've seen your car around?

Thanks Dalamar! That means alot coming from you! Huge fan of your builds.

Not from SLC, shes an east coast car! I mostly travel around in NJ/NY/PA.

Saw this thread pop up and was wondering why I haven't seen it before....then saw that you last updated it in October lol. What's new?

Yup ! Thanks for asking Elrod! - No big changes to the car at this time. House hunting!!! Once i'm settled in the new place ill be able to focus funds back into the car and finish the build strong. - Leaving the car as it is this season and just enjoying it! Will be doing a few small jobs, focusing on the little details like sequential taillights / led bulbs etc etc but no rotating assembly or roots supercharger just yet :lipsrsealed:.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well that would explain it! :) My mistake.

GL on your house hunt. Definitely enjoy the car. my car was in build phase so long I wasn't able to drive it for years.

Reaction score
the s351 wing and steeda wing look wwwaaaayyyyyyy different. the s351 is bad ass and the steeda one is a more attractive than huge ricer wing but still a baby looking ricer wing, wing. also i think paint matched would be tits. loving the new avatar pic too. and to answer about the rims, if not answered already, the 98s had cobra rims SIMILAR to but not cobra r rims. the 98s, which i prefer over the Rs and have had 2 sets for my car, have a little bow to the spokes, a kinda inside trim and ONLY came in 17x8s unless they were sent to weldcraft for example and custom widened (i.e 17x10.5).

cobra Rs

mmfp_0912_07_+1995_cobra_r+cobra_r_wheels.jpg

98 cobras

1998CobraWheel.jpg

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
the s351 wing and steeda wing look wwwaaaayyyyyyy different. the s351 is bad ass and the steeda one is a more attractive than huge ricer wing but still a baby looking ricer wing, wing. also i think paint matched would be tits. loving the new avatar pic too. and to answer about the rims, if not answered already, the 98s had cobra rims SIMILAR to but not cobra r rims. the 98s, which i prefer over the Rs and have had 2 sets for my car, have a little bow to the spokes, a kinda inside trim and ONLY came in 17x8s unless they were sent to weldcraft for example and custom widened (i.e 17x10.5).

cobra Rs

98 cobras

Agree on the steeda wing, - not for me. - Good info! The wheels went on to my other Sn95 and those are 17's. - Glad you like the new avatar :thumbsup: - Paint matched wing is something worth considering but after paint matching my bezels to my current wing color i couldn't be happier. Love the new look. Really makes the blue pop!

IMG_20160509_103328192_HDR_zpsaeiyt1t5.jpg

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
i would black the roof because i wouldnt want the paint to get ruined since its an easy target for fade/oxidation

Yeah the hood the roof and the trunk and the upper quarters are so sensitive to oxidation on our cars! Thankfully mine is well kept. Once the paint starts showing some age I will have the car resprayed then 3m clear bra'ed to protect from UV and stone chips.

Reaction score
Yeah the hood the roof and the trunk and the upper quarters are so sensitive to oxidation on our cars! Thankfully mine is well kept. Once the paint starts showing some age I will have the car resprayed then 3m clear bra'ed to protect from UV and stone chips.

There's a place close to me called ceramic pro that does those clear bra type things. Not really a bra, but more like a special material that they infuse or something like that onto the cars. I've seen so many nice cars there. 2 shelby gt350s, a newer Porsche gt3, Ferrari 458 italia speciale, last edition evolution x, 13 boss 302, 2016 viper acr and just tons of awesome cars. One was an original and original owner 2.5 mill Ferrari dino I believe

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
There's a place close to me called ceramic pro that dioes those clear bra type things. Not really a bra, but more like a special material that they infuse or something like that onto the cars. I've seen so many nice cars there. 2 shelby gt350s, a newer Porsche gt3, Ferrari 458 italia speciale, last edition evolution x, 13 boss 302, 2016 viper acr and just tons of awesome cars. One was an original and original owner 2.5 mill Ferrari dino I believe

Yeah exactly! Its basically the same as a wrap but clear. Sounds like those guys know what they are doing. Nice cars. Def worth doing.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
It's amazing how many people drool for that color, i must be the only one that doesn't lol.

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
It's amazing how many people drool for that color, i must be the only one that doesn't lol.

Has to be my favorite paint ever made. No exaggeration. I guess your just a dark-blue kinda guy tallywacker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyOctane

Members online