7 sec EV mustang

95opal

Reaction score
My f150 with 1800hp would be fast. But congrats to ford for hitting a mark Rasin Jason hit 30 years ago.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Good read, but its a one in all of its own. I wonder how many times it could make a trip down the track in a day because you know battery recharge time is lengthy.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I never knew jason did electric cars.

that is a good question about how many runs. I would assume that if you do the "all out" tune/set up that it isn't made to make back to back runs. On the flip side most ICE cars that can go that fast would like a little while to cool down between runs as well. I think if drag racing was like top speed where in measuring they have to go in both directions within an hour and take an average of the two runs that things would be different in lot of the ways drag cars are set up.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Good read, but its a one in all of its own. I wonder how many times it could make a trip down the track in a day because you know battery recharge time is lengthy.

The Mach E gets a range of 250-310 miles. While, yes, similar technology has been tweaked to be hella fast, thus reducing range, it’s not driving to the track. It’s being trailered. Even if the vehicle range was significantly reduced by these settings, you really think it’s driving 50-100 miles on track day? And, for all we know, it probably has a sport mode, and the driver switches to eco on their way back.

This is a race car, not your daily driver. Ford makes an electric mustang for the consumer, it’s not going to be this. Think Cobra R. Limited quantity, and owners don’t drive them on public roads ever. Saw like 12 cobra rs last year, and they were all track driven, not street. Same for every car show I’ve ever seen one at.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online