'95 Cobra - First Mustang & First Ford

emjohn43

Reaction score
Greetings from Central Ohio!

Always wanted a Mustang; and always wanted a 5-liter.

Been passively looking for some time, and stumbled across a '95 Cobra, impeccable condition, two owner car with 91k miles. First owner had it since 1995 and until 2021. It was sold to owner #2 shortly after owner #1 death. Owner #1 was a Air force mechanic, served in Korea, and bought the car when he retired from the service. Car was driven regularly from 1995 until 2004, when the mileage stopped accumulating (presumably from a health issue). All service records, receipts, etc....came with the car. The car was never driven in the snow, and looks 100% new underneath!

Owner #2 had it for a year, and as the story was told me, knew owner #1 and promised the widowed wife that the car would go to a good home. So - here's my entrance. :)

Car was 99% stock, except for the Cobra R wheels and magnaflow mufflers installed in 2017 with about 50 miles on them before I bought it. The tires were new, but had date codes of 2004; so while they had ~50 miles on them, they needed replaced.

Since acquisition, I've replaced the radiator (precautionary measure) with an all aluminum unit, and replaced the front & rear control arms, shocks, and added Ford Motorsports lowering springs; and tinted the windows.

Other than swapping out the seats for some more comfortable SN197 units, I have no real plans for the car other than the 1x or 2x month drive.

Glad to be here!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 27
  • PXL_20230309_010650596.jpg
    PXL_20230309_010650596.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 26

ctandc

Reaction score
Welcome. Nice car. Anymore info on the S197 seat swap? While the interior of my '04 is damn near mint - at 6'3" I'd love it if the seat were just a bit lower. Even adjust as low as it will go (power seats) and a bit lower would be great.

Were the seats bolt in? They sit lower or higher than the originals?

OP
OP
E

emjohn43

Reaction score
Welcome. Nice car. Anymore info on the S197 seat swap? While the interior of my '04 is damn near mint - at 6'3" I'd love it if the seat were just a bit lower. Even adjust as low as it will go (power seats) and a bit lower would be great.

Were the seats bolt in? They sit lower or higher than the originals?
Thanks!

I am a few inches shorter than you, and I think the seats are way too high. Maybe because my Cayman has the seats on the floor? I don't know, but I do know a 5'8" person shouldn't feel 'tall' in the drivers seat. :)

I found a few videos on the tubeyou; and a few posts at SVT Performance...but I'm no stranger to doing these type of swaps.

My '12 Ram has seats from a '19 (https://www.ramforum.com/threads/5th-gen-seats-into-a-4th-gen.156623/)
My '08 Cayman has seats from a '20.

Guess I've got a thing going on!

I probally won't start on it until the fall or winter, when the car is in full on storage in the detacted garage where I can really spread out. I'll take pics and make a post when I do!

ctandc

Reaction score
Thanks. Figuring out the swap doesn't phase me - I just don't want to acquire seats and go through everything to find out they don't sit any lower. I'm 6'3". I need to drop these seats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online