94 Mustang GT

OP
OP
Oneprof

Oneprof

Reaction score
Name profit I have a 94 mustang Gt just recently rebuild the engine just tryna add lil more power any suggestions IMG_7658.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7582.jpeg
    IMG_7582.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 4

maillemaker

Reaction score
As others have said, if you want to push the engine from it's paltry 220 or so HP in stock 302 form, you really need to do an "HCI" swap - Heads, Cam, Intake. Doing any one of these without the others will limit your potential as the other items will not flow air like they could.

However, you should know that doing an HCI swap is no longer a cheap upgrade.

I recommend this video:

You could be looking at over $3000 just on the top end of the motor.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! Gobs of experience and intel to be had here on this forum. So, ask away.

Do you have a specific kind of build in mind? Street/daily driver? Track? Drag? Or ??? I think it would help if you wouldn’t mind providing more information so we can assist you with viable suggestions and alternatives. Maybe start a new thread or two? Or, take a moment to do a “search” and you’ll heighten your chances of zeroing in on what you’re after! Look forward to seeing your progress!

Welcome again and cheers!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I see a carb and dual plane intake manifold, which in my opinion can make for a good street contender. My next question is, was this originally the 5.0l fuel injected engine swapped to a carburetor? Or was this an old 302engine from something else? It could be possible the 302engine has a mild 302 cam and a simple cheap 5.0l cam (which is actually a 351w cam) would be horsepower beneficial. Youll know by the timing fire order if its 302 or 5.0l. If the engine was 5.0l, you already ahead with a roller cam.

Some simple tricks to improve power that are well known with 302 E7 heads. Gasket matching the intake port entrance, 3 angle intake valve seats, porting the ports, roller rockers to name a few.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online