97 Hellion Turbo Cobra!

OP
OP
S

svtsnakebitn

Reaction score
Timeslip Update!

Alright guys me and my buddy headed to the track tonight... with not so good results.
timeslipja4.jpg

This was the best time that I could muster :mad:
That run was against an 03 cobra that was bone stock besides a flowmaster cat-back
Everything after that the times just kept going up... We figured that it was my BFG DR that are almost completely bald.
The track conditions were horrible and barely anyone could hook up the entire night and they kept trying to spray the track for more traction but I spun out of the hole everytime... even with a 2.5K launch!
I'm going to be buying some M/T ET Street tires and mounting them on my stock cobra rims and taking those down there and see if I can get some 1.6 60' which will net me hopefully closer to 11's.
Don't flame me for the times... My tire were bald and the track prep wasn't there and this was my second time at the track!

OP
OP
S

svtsnakebitn

Reaction score
I can see it :dunno:
12.667 was my best run with a trap of 116.92... I was running consistent 117 trap speeds.

96cobravert

Reaction score
Wow, the mph looks real good!! According to the calculations from here http://www.wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php . your about 475hp flywheel, not bad at all for a measly 7psi!!! If you could ever get traction your looking at 11.50's!! Not bad at all!! Oh by the way, a beautiful installation...congrats!!

Your living my dream...I want a turbo on mine so bad I can't see straight!!! How bad was the installation and how many hours total would you guestimate?? Also was the a/c delete required? Would want to keep the a/c if at all possible??

OP
OP
S

svtsnakebitn

Reaction score
Thanks man!
The installation wasn't bad at all. Although I had already stripped down my K-member for the 4th time in around 3 months :hammer: (lots of fun) I started off with a set of incon TT manifolds but quickly realized that it was not going to work at all. Then I went with PTK and had them send me two hot-sides and neither of them worked then Hellion finally came out with one for our cars and I jumped on it almost the day it was avalable. Me and my buddy put everything on the car in two days... The k-member has already been installed but it took us about 4 hours to put the k-member on... So this was like a weekend job for us. The A/C delete was all up to me... I never used it so it was a waste of space and weight on my car. The Hellion kit requires no drilling of the body or removal of any stock components!
I'd never look at anything other than a turbo and these 4v's really love it up top when the turbo spools it throws you back in your seat.

I promise I will have video's when I get my new MT ET Streets >:D
Maybe then I won't spin through 1,2, and half of 3rd on 315 BFG's and still run a 13 flat :rant:

svtcobraman

Reaction score
OMG I think I have a chubby...no wait I really do :behind: I'm getting this kit in 2 months, no ifs ands or buts about it. TAKE MORE PICS AND VIDEO!!! I'm so freaking excited about this. How is the lag? How hard was it to tune? How long was the install and what should I look out for? I have experience dropping the k-member, but I just wanna be sure this is a weekend install. What spark plugs are you running? What gauges did you get? Looks sick dude!!!!!

O0

Mesarina

Reaction score
nice thread!!!! you're so lucky for having a 4v sn95 turboed mustang... :D

i want to do that someday to my cobra.. but now im going to turbo my 90 fox.. i already have everthing.. :santa_evil:

GaryG

Reaction score
very nice man, what size turbo do u have? (sry if u said, may of accidently not seen it)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArcAngel

Members online