Abs Module

Mustangwayne2000

Reaction score
Im replacing my abs module. I have a 2000 GT vert they sent a Cobra. Do the part numbers have to match up exactly? It looks right but my research conflicts. Some say it has to say GT traction and part number matches up. Others say the Cobra designation will work and part numbers don't match. I did a search on the forum and something must be messed up with the search button because an error keeps coming up. Thanks for any help with this.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I did a quick search and from what I can find it says the cobra uses a 4 channel output where the GT uses a 3 channel but this is just what I am finding from google searches.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
I did a quick search and from what I can find it says the cobra uses a 4 channel output where the GT uses a 3 channel but this is just what I am finding from google searches.

I've only seen 3-channel ABS on the 1994-1995 GT's. 4 sensor inputs, but only 3 output channels. I've wrenched on a few 96-98 Cobra's and they were very clearly 4-channel ABS systems. I don't know about the GT's. I believe all the 1999 Mustangs got the same 4-channel TCS equipped system. My 2000 GT is 4-channel.

My understanding is the difference is in the programming of how the system responds due to the differing brake setups/rotor sizes. There's a few modules: COBRA, GT Traction, V6 traction, and V6 ABS

But I put full Cobra F&R brakes on my previous '03 GT without issue, and currently have Cobra front brakes (rears coming soon) on my '00 GT and they operate normally as far as I can tell.

OP
OP
Mustangwayne2000

Mustangwayne2000

Reaction score
I've only seen 3-channel ABS on the 1994-1995 GT's. 4 sensor inputs, but only 3 output channels. I've wrenched on a few 96-98 Cobra's and they were very clearly 4-channel ABS systems. I don't know about the GT's. I believe all the 1999 Mustangs got the same 4-channel TCS equipped system. My 2000 GT is 4-channel.

My understanding is the difference is in the programming of how the system responds due to the differing brake setups/rotor sizes. There's a few modules: COBRA, GT Traction, V6 traction, and V6 ABS

But I put full Cobra F&R brakes on my previous '03 GT without issue, and currently have Cobra front brakes (rears coming soon) on my '00 GT and they operate normally as far as I can tell.
That what Im getting too. Makes sense. I got another one coming thats GT Traction. And I’ve got everything to program it. thanks for the information

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online