Brake Booster installation help

Cupsuki

Reaction score
Hi! I recently bought my 95 Mustang, and one of issues it had was a leaking brake booster.

So, I removed the old one but now I can't get the new one in, it keeps rubbing on the strut tower. Now I realized that the old one had one of the mounting bolts broken so that may have been why it came out so easy but, does anyone have any tips on how to get the new one in?

Facing the front of the car, I can only get the lower left prong in, the upper right comes up against the firewall ever so slightly and it won't let the others in. I'm kinda running out of ideas here.

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers.

95opal

Reaction score
Hi! I recently bought my 95 Mustang, and one of issues it had was a leaking brake booster.

So, I removed the old one but now I can't get the new one in, it keeps rubbing on the strut tower. Now I realized that the old one had one of the mounting bolts broken so that may have been why it came out so easy but, does anyone have any tips on how to get the new one in?

Facing the front of the car, I can only get the lower left prong in, the upper right comes up against the firewall ever so slightly and it won't let the others in. I'm kinda running out of ideas here.

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers.

Couple of options. Elongate the two top holes and the lower passenger side bolt hole towards the engine. It will still be thought to get in but will go.
Two you can drill all 4 holes to 1/2"
Or three buy a 93 cobra booster.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Snap a pic of your old one if you still got it, as well as the new one.

OP
OP
C

Cupsuki

Reaction score
IMG_20230813_172846.jpgIMG_20230813_172838.jpgIMG_20230813_172854.jpg

Here are the pics of the boosters, pardon the old one being wet, it started raining while doing this whole thing lol.

I gave in and was drilling the holes bigger yesterday, though I lost my 1/2 bit, I'll see if I can get one today. I did manage to squeeze it in a bit more thanks to that, now it's just like barely not going in.

While we are at it, any tips to keep in mind to bleed the brakes afterward? I saw some warnings about being careful about air going into the HCU, now since I did have to remove the master cylinder I'm not sure where this would put air in the system, before or after the HCU.

And here are some pics of where it's at today, I know I dinged up the whole area but frankly, I was losing my patience with this haha. And yes, that's a balloon I used to cover the line since I didn't have anything better on hand x)

IMG_20230813_185209.jpg
IMG_20230813_185203.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online