Brake tool

Forsakendreamerz

Reaction score
Bought the disc brake tool for the rear brakes but it’s not working any help on what tool I need

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
You need one that rotates as it compresses. That's why the piston has those notches or indents, so that the [proper] tool can have leverage onto the piston. It could possibly be that the piston is seized inside the bore due to excessive corrosion.

OP
OP
F

Forsakendreamerz

Reaction score
You need one that rotates as it compresses. That's why the piston has those notches or indents, so that the [proper] tool can have leverage onto the piston. It could possibly be that the piston is seized inside the bore due to excessive corrosion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 4

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Might try rental a tool from the local auto parts store, they should have it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I somehow see me doing that and ending up in the ER explaining how I stabbed myself with pliers. I don't think there has ever been a doubt you are a better mechanic than me though so no big surprise I am sure. Now the fact some of ya might want me to stab myself with pliers hurts a little :)

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I somehow see me doing that and ending up in the ER explaining how I stabbed myself with pliers. I don't think there has ever been a doubt you are a better mechanic than me though so no big surprise I am sure. Now the fact some of ya might want me to stab myself with pliers hurts a little :)
I have never said I haven’t stabbed myself with pliers or whatever tool you can think of, lol. I have hurt my hands more than I care to admit over the time I’ve spent working on cars.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
You have to put substantial force down on the piston. One of the faces of that tool will fit but it's a bit niggly to get it figured out and it'll slip a few times. Patience, pressure, persistence and then needle nose pliers.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
I hate using the cube. I've done it, but I ended up just buying the tool. I believe it can be rented as well.

I have this tool. If you shop around on ebay you can likely find the same thing for a little cheaper. I have a few Fords that have spin-in rear calipers so this comes in handy quite often.

Brake caliper tool

Just remember, the notches on the piston need to be at 12 and 6 o'clock when you are done spinning it in. There are two pins on the backside of the inner pad that fit into the notches. Check for proper fit of the pad into the caliper piston first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online