Bullitt Handling Kit

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The bullet kit is pretty BS IMO.... you can piece together a better kit for less money.

you could get some tokico Blues and an Eibach Pro Kit and some Eibach Sway bars and have a much better set up :boink:

ReplicaR

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
you could get some tokico Blues and an Eibach Pro Kit and some Eibach Sway bars and have a much better set up :boink:

So, you'd rather lower the car more, so the geometry is screwed up, run less spring rate, so it does not handle any better, and a shock with poor valving?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
SRT Handz said:

So, you'd rather lower the car more, so the geometry is screwed up, run less spring rate, so it does not handle any better, and a shock with poor valving?

i believe the Valving on the Blues is the same if not better than the Bullet Package. The bullet package shocks are was come stock on bullets and Machs 1s..... Plus the sway bars in the Bullet Kit arnt that big of an improvement

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Tokico HP series is nothing to write home about. I'd rather go with stiffer springs and shocks that were valved for them, than a simple drop spring and ok at best shock.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
Tokico HP series is nothing to write home about. I'd rather go with stiffer springs and shocks that were valved for them, than a simple drop spring and ok at best shock.

yeah, if it were me doing it would spend some more money on different springs and some 5ways or Bilstiens.

but i think he is going for a little low, little better handling street set up

OP
OP
E

engineman312

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
ReplicaR said:

yeah, if it were me doing it would spend some more money on different springs and some 5ways or Bilstiens.

but i think he is going for a little low, little better handling street set up

yeah, thats what i'm looking for... i actually looked at this too... http://stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=175

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
engineman312 said:
yeah, thats what i'm looking for... i actually looked at this too... http://stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=175

tge MM starter box has everything you need.... i mean EVERYTHING for exactly what you want. Whats making the price of the Starter Box so High is the Bilstiens.... they are a little more pricey.

Here is what i would do.....

Tokico Blues or 5 Way sport Shock
Eibach Pro Kit
MM C/C Plates
Eibach Sway Bar Kit
UPR or Steeda BumpSteer Kit (They are Both The Same)

That all should be agreat set up for a street car Daily Driver.

I think i know what your looking for..... A nice handling street set up thats a little lower but not dragging and handles alot better than stock....am I right? :dunno:

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
that start kit is expensive as hell!!

if you bought everytyhing separately it would be like $650.... that's a pretty bs price IMO

OP
OP
E

engineman312

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
engineman312 said:

tge MM starter box has everything you need.... i mean EVERYTHING for exactly what you want. Whats making the price of the Starter Box so High is the Bilstiens.... they are a little more pricey.

Here is what i would do.....

Tokico Blues or 5 Way sport Shock
Eibach Pro Kit
MM C/C Plates
Eibach Sway Bar Kit
UPR or Steeda BumpSteer Kit (They are Both The Same)

That all should be agreat set up for a street car Daily Driver.

I think i know what your looking for..... A nice handling street set up thats a little lower but not dragging and handles alot better than stock....am I right? :dunno:

pretty much. i drive in nyc a lot. the car is my daily driver. i don't want to worry that i destroyed something under my car every time i hit a pot hole that i didnt see.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
realitygt said:

if you bought everytyhing separately it would be like $650.... that's a pretty bs price IMO

u need to look again. the springs are 229, shocks struts are 528 and then everything else it comes out the same basically

i was about to get the bullitt kit but ended up getting tokico blues and frpp c springs. just waiting for the springs to show up and ill get them put on asap

the frpp b or c springs would be good for what you want. you want lowered but not slammed so you scrap on everything

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just for comparison here is a pic of my car and another SN95 that has C-Springs

IMG_0276cleanResized.jpg

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
realitygt said:

u need to look again. the springs are 229, shocks struts are 528 and then everything else it comes out the same basically

i was about to get the bullitt kit but ended up getting tokico blues and frpp c springs. just waiting for the springs to show up and ill get them put on asap

the frpp b or c springs would be good for what you want. you want lowered but not slammed so you scrap on everything

wow 530 for shocks/struts..... i figured they'd be about 200...that's ridiculous.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
realitygt said:
MeanGrn Gt said:
realitygt said:

wow 530 for shocks/struts..... i figured they'd be about 200...that's ridiculous.

they are bilsteins. for 200 you would pry get stock replacements.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the Bullit kit as long as you can find it for a decent price. I remember when it was like $350. If you are worried about being too low then that is the right kit for you...being from NJ i can relate to what you are concerned about.

OP
OP
E

engineman312

Reaction score
thanks guys. u all seem to to know what u are talking about. i'm pretty sure that i'm not going to be some super drag car, no matter what. i want something fun to run with on the street, and if i ever decide to start doing road courses or something, i'll have a good base.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted the Bullit kit for the exact same reason as you but it was on backorder for like 6 months so i went with Steeda springs and Tokico blues and my ride is awesome but it does sit about an inch to low. I still might swap out my springs for some FRPP C springs in the future.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I wanted the Bullit kit for the exact same reason as you but it was on backorder for like 6 months so i went with Steeda springs and Tokico blues and my ride is awesome but it does sit about an inch to low. I still might swap out my springs for some FRPP C springs in the future.

you car does not sit too low.... it sits perfect like OEM.... it should have come from the factory about your height IMO....Mine is WAY too low :rollinglaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online