For Sale Commerical Grade ABC Dry Chem 2.5# Fire Extinguisher w/ Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have some fire extinguishers for sale. They're dry chemical ABC extinguishers. 2.5 lb size... perfect for mobile applications!
All extinguishers were last serviced in 2012 and are fully charged. The mounting bracket is included.

Expect some typical signs of wear. Overall, very nice shape.
The one shown below is the average representation of the units I have available.
Most of them have some kind of ID number wrote on them in marker, or may contain an asset tag or label from the previous owner.

Don't wait until it's too late to get a decent extinguisher! They can save property and lives!
Don't trust the cheap consumer level garbage from AutoZone. These are commercial/industrial grade.
I carry one in my car, my truck and the wife's car. You never know when you may need it!

Asking price is $30, shipped anywhere in the continental United States.
I have a large quantity of these available.

I accept: cash, money order, cashier's check, PayPal, wire transfer, and all major credit cards (visa, MC and AMex)
Note: If paying via PayPal, please send as "gift/money owed" or add 3% to cover their stupid fees.

Questions? Feel free to post in here, or you can always PM me.

IMG_20131002_155356_411.jpg

IMG_20131002_155443_955.jpg

IMG_20131002_155421_539.jpg

RichV

Reaction score
What dimension is one of those? And what is the weight?

OP
OP
DeepList

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What dimension is one of those? And what is the weight?

The overall height from the top most portion of the handle to the base of the cylinder is approx 14.5 inches.
In terms of width, from the tip of the nozzle to the end of the bottom handle is 6.5 inches.
The overall depth, including the bracket to the front release latch, is approx 4 inches.
Complete weight of the unit is 5 lbs 10 oz.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Where can I go to get it refilled, what's their rough shelf life? I'll see if I can get you a couple sales.

OP
OP
DeepList

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Where can I go to get it refilled, what's their rough shelf life? I'll see if I can get you a couple sales.

Pretty much any fire protection retailer or public safety company can refill them. Being used in a personal vehicle or private building doesn't require monthly inspections. The shelf life is basically forever, unless they're discharged of course. You'd just check the gauge periodically and make sure it's still in the "green" range. They potentially could sit for years and years. When I worked at general electric, I found extinguishers that had been forgotten for over a decade and they were still fully charged and ready to go. These were last serviced by a licensed fire protection company in 2012.

OP
OP
DeepList

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
are these NHRA friendly? (serious question)

I think there has to be some kind of specific "quick release" bracket in order to be NHRA approved. I don't know if the brackets included here would qualify or not...

So to be on the safe side (and avoid misrepresenting what it is that I'm selling) I am going to say no.

OP
OP
DeepList

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Somebody cleaned me out yesterday. These are all gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online