Console and dash questions. Access to center console for large screen upgrade.

TheNaturalOne

Reaction score
I've been looking, if I missed it just please send me that way. I want to integrate a 10" android tablet in the center console of my 94 automatic. Anyone who has dealt with intalling a new head unit or ... Removing one, with or without permission, will tell you that the gawd dang automatic gear select lever is in the WAY!. Now, it is my daily so using a hack-saw to remove the lever seems like a no-go, my question: Is ther any way to lower...as much as possible the automatic "stick"? I'm not too concerned about the safety featured built into the auto transmission selector... because , I don't suck, I guess. I just want to make room for a 10" tablet that I want to use with various adapters and a DAC to get my signal from the dash to the trunk while allowing me touch screen accress, and the damn shifter is in the way!

1994 Base V-6 Optional CD, no 460 sound. If you wonder why I would even invest the time in a car that trim level, it's becuase it is nearly flawless. I few chips, NO dents, interior is stellar, Ford Bright Blue with chrome mustang five spokes. I love this car. I also love car audio, and want these two things to work together. Any advice, including outright critisism is welcomed, becuase, I don't suck. Pics available if you want to see what 1994's used to look like :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

10 inch will not be a problem as long as you don't want the climate controls or the center vents.

Slice

Reaction score
Ah... IMO installing in your face aftermarket bling like that devalues the car. All I have changed in my interior is a white cue ball 5 speed shift knob. But also I kept the original. Who knows in 20 more years an unmolested S95 might be worth something!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.