Dampers for H&R Supersports

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Ok!! So let see if I have this right; Koni SA's, panhard bar, oem upper control arms with rubber bushings and I should be ok??

I had a chance, once upon a time, to put a amg e55 through it paces and I was impressed with the "road feel" from the four door missile. New question.. The steering is very nice and tight (giggidy) in my car for daily driving but I seem to find myself having to be very light with the wheel input on the track or I end up losing control in the technical sections.. What can I do to make the steering less "domestic" and more "european" without going manual?? Flaming river power rack??

Sorry for the thread jack, but :)

Ciotti

Reaction score
The Koni's and panhard bar will transform how your car handles and it will probably even ride better while being daily driven because of how much more dampening the Koni's will have over whatever you have now.

What upper control arms do you have now?

As far as increasing your steering effort, big front tires (275 or wider) and a bunch of caster (4 to 5 degrees or more) will be a good start and will give you a bunch more front end grip while they're at it.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I have tubular uppers with poly bushings. I have demolished oe struts and sensetrac shocks. I intend to buy a set of four 275/35 18s soon. When I had the 03 cobra wheels (17x9 and 17x10.5) I had 275/40 fronts and 315/35 rears. When I put the konig 18s on, I bought 245/35s and 295/35s and I lost ALOT of grip up in the process. My mechanic says a strut tower brace isn't necessary but I have other plans...

Ciotti

Reaction score
Yeah those tubular uppers will definitely need to go, 275's all around will make a big difference and a strut tower brace will definitely help stiffen up the front of the car but there are a bunch of other things that will give you much better bang for the buck for now.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
There's a bumpsteer kit and c/c plates in my immediate future. Also, subframe connectors. Was gonna try and get it all together for a oct 31st lapping day but Idk if its gonna happen this month.

Ciotti

Reaction score
IMHO, push the bumpsteer kit back in favor of more important stuff, I didn't run one for years and recently had one installed and set up properly but the difference it has made is definitely not ground breaking especially when considering how much they cost and how much labor goes into setting it up properly. Plus, if you decide to autocross, the bumpsteer kit will kick you out of ESP where you would have a chance of being competitive into CP where you have no chance whatsoever :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online