Dragon Slayer - 1995 Mustang GT Build Thread - Now With 100 Percent More IRS

OP
OP
nitroram33

nitroram33

Reaction score
I've got some updates to make over the weekend, but for now I'll just leave this here:

MMFrontSuspension_zps539580b4.jpg

OP
OP
nitroram33

nitroram33

Reaction score
Thanks lol, was hoping we could swing the IRS conversion at the same time but the numbers just didn't work out right now. :cry:

OP
OP
nitroram33

nitroram33

Reaction score
Didn't get anywhere near as much done as I wanted to last weekend and ran into a few snags so I'm waiting for parts again. Here's a few updates for giggles though.

New steering wheel:
NCM_0714_zps7zltsfga.jpg

With NRG Gen 2.8 quick release:
NCM_0713_zpsy97jvpri.jpg

Installed:
NCM_0719_zpslsb8ngpx.jpg

NCM_0719_zpslsb8ngpx.jpg

NCM_0720_zpsnr9ro1ju.jpg

And with the wheel off:
NCM_0718_zpsdd5htvou.jpg

OP
OP
nitroram33

nitroram33

Reaction score
Swapped out the dirty old headlights for new clear one-piece headlights:
NCM_0712_zpsgqakkrtj.jpg

NCM_0722_zpsqqtob9a6.jpg

NCM_0731_zpsybsgekrw.jpg

Took some trimming, but they fit decent enough once I got the extra plastic out of the way.

OP
OP
nitroram33

nitroram33

Reaction score
As for the snags: turns out the Fox upper intake/tb/egr spacer I bought off eBay was an '86 instead of a '87-93 like it was advertised and I didn't notice until I got ready to install it. Having to wait on a newer TB and egr delete plate to get here now, but it may work out better in the end because I picked up a thin delete plate which should hopefully help with clearing the strut tower and brace with the intake tube as they hit pretty solidly now. MM2 struts are also back ordered until Jan. 9th, so that's been placed on the back burner as well. Do have a Mach 1 style chin spoiler ready to go on to kill a little time though.

OP
OP
nitroram33

nitroram33

Reaction score
Got a little more done, but still waiting on parts. Passenger airbag is gone and the cover is put back where it was, the stuff for the cruise, washer reservoir, and vacuum canister are gone from inside the driver's side fender and the rest of the smog stuff is gone from inside the passenger side fender. Also removed the factory air dam looking things that were riveted onto the stock bumper. Should hopefully have most of the missing parts tomorrow so I can get it back up and running again. The longer Fox intake bolts are the only things that are questionable...

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice looking steering wheel! You need to carry it around with you strapped to your backpack like Bow Wow in Tokyo Drift ;)

OP
OP
nitroram33

nitroram33

Reaction score
MM apparently got the struts in early because everything shipped out last week. UPS has everything at the local distribution center but haven't sent them this way for whatever reason so I won't see anything until Friday. :angry4:

On the bright side, I guess that'll give me a couple days to screw around and get the front end tore back apart. In the mean time, here's some of the pictures I didn't get a chance to throw up the other day:

Here's the fox upper and TB swap completed:
NCM_0735_zpsoqfbevny.jpg

Took some "massaging" to both the top of the runner and the bottom of the strut tower brace to get everything to clear. Will definitely have to go aftermarket for the brace whenever we go to shove the 351W-based 427 in there in a few years:
NCM_0736_zpsn2hzibca.jpg

Used a 3/8" aluminum EGR delete spacer and cut up a piece of tubing from a eBay CAI kit to modify the stock airbox to work with the new Fox TB position for now. Saved buying a new MAF housing and manages to clear everything (if just barely):
NCM_0734_zps5v3dj1ea.jpg

NCM_0737_zpsqshh4mai.jpg

And finally, you wouldn't ever know there isn't an air bag behind there anymore lol...:

NCM_0733_zpsohqnrbhm.jpg

OP
OP
nitroram33

nitroram33

Reaction score
Front suspension stuff showed up yesterday. Got the coilovers assembled last night, just need to motivate myself to pull the car apart. :D

OP
OP
nitroram33

nitroram33

Reaction score
These are waiting to go in whenever I finish removing the rest of the old suspension:

NCM_0741_zpsbdtnj5kl.jpg

Anybody notice anything missing?

NCM_0740_zpsas0vwfxt.jpg

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
If you dont feel like installing those coilovers you could just send those over to me

Progress is looking good man

OP
OP
nitroram33

nitroram33

Reaction score
Lol, I bet...

Got the rest off the old suspension off. Gonna try and get the new chin spoiler on in the morning while it's a little easier to roll around under there and then install the new suspension tomorrow afternoon.

OP
OP
nitroram33

nitroram33

Reaction score
Chin spoiler is on and the both sides of the front suspension and brakes are back together. Just need to torque down the lower control arm to K-member bolts and the brakes and then I can adjust to caster/camber plates and set the ride height and it'll be all done until the next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online