Dyno # for these mods?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
1995 5.0 auto. Guesstimate on what it would put down with these mods? I'm thinking close to, if not over 300 rwhp.
Edelbrock Performer EFI Intake Manifold (Upper & Lower)
Edelbrock Throttlebody Adapter (70MM)
E303 Camshaft
SR 70mm throttlebody
MAC Aluminum Underdrive Pulleys
Ford Racing Turbo Swirl GT40X Aluminum Heads (64CC)
Ford Racing GT40 Performance Valve Springs
Comp Cams High Energy 3/8in Stud Roller Rocker Arms- 1.6 Ratio
Ford Racing High Performance Pushrods
Ford Racing Hydraulic Lifter Kit
Ford Racing Polished Valve Covers
Ford Racing EV6 High Flow Injectors - 24lbs
Ford Racing Jetronic To USCAR Fuel Injector Adapter Kit
BBK Billet Mass Air Meter (76mm)- for 24lb injectors
Walbro 255 Lhp High Pressure Fuel Pump Kit

bailey_57

Reaction score
Before I installed my paxton supercharger, I dynoed my 89 gt with e cam, 75 mm throttle body, performer rpm intake, performer rpm heads, and 30lb/hr injectors. I put 283hp and 313 tq down. This was through a 5speed and on a mustang dyno. If I were to guess I'd say between 260 and 280 ish.

RichV

Reaction score
Depending on the health of the short lock I bet you're right there. The aod will suck a little more powa, but I've seen 300 at the tires with nothing more than a e303 and gt40 top end without tuning. Well, also a full exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
why not go turbo?
Thats a plan for after h/c/i
Depending on the health of the short lock I bet you're right there. The aod will suck a little more powa, but I've seen 300 at the tires with nothing more than a e303 and gt40 top end without tuning. Well, also a full exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good. My block has just under 56k on it. I've decided to do the trickflow top end kit. Think I'll get more power out of it. Add my full exhaust, bolt ons / supporting fuel mods I should be close to 300 whp if not more when tuned.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
that setup will see around prob 260-290rwhp through and automatic, with a 5 speed manual that setup usually sees around 270-300rwhp

hottwheels04

Reaction score
The full trickflow setup or my OP? The full trickflow setup should net more no?

the setup you posted with gt40 heads and e cam and edelbrock setup, a trickflow setup will be close maybe 5-10 more hp , trickflows are alot better but you wont see a huge diff prob anywhere from 5-20+rwhp more depending dyno, but your still talking small cam , if you want 300+ you will need bigger cam / port work/ more compression bigger intake and or long tube headers, and automatics rob more power.

For Example my car with stock 302 with the trickflow heads cam intake and bolt ons put down around 273rwhp untuned with a 5 speed manual with a tune it was right around 300rwhp. 270-300rwhp is what your mostly gonna see out of a heads cam 302 around 1 - 1.5 hp per C.I. now thats a 5 speed manual, so a setup with smaller cam or automatic your talking 260-290rwhp prob.

Now if you want more out of a 302 you would have to do a setup like my bored .30 over new pistons 306 c.i higher compression 10 to 1 compression big cam, bigger intake manifold, long tube headers, port work etc.

If your going with crappy ford racing B and E cams, gt40 heads etc dont expect anything over 240-290rwhp 300 tops.

you need either a bigger cam, or AFR or trickflow heads, port work, bigger C.i higher compression etc then you can make around 300-350rwhp out of a heads cam setup on a 5.0 motor, otherswise add a 331 stroker into that same setup you have yourself a nice 350-400+rwhp.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
the setup you posted with gt40 heads and e cam and edelbrock setup, a trickflow setup will be close maybe 5-10 more hp , trickflows are alot better but you wont see a huge diff prob anywhere from 5-20+rwhp more depending dyno, but your still talking small cam , if you want 300+ you will need bigger cam / port work/ more compression bigger intake and or long tube headers, and automatics rob more power.

For Example my car with stock 302 with the trickflow heads cam intake and bolt ons put down around 273rwhp untuned with a 5 speed manual with a tune it was right around 300rwhp. 270-300rwhp is what your mostly gonna see out of a heads cam 302 around 1 - 1.5 hp per C.I. now thats a 5 speed manual, so a setup with smaller cam or automatic your talking 260-290rwhp prob.

Now if you want more out of a 302 you would have to do a setup like my bored .30 over new pistons 306 c.i higher compression 10 to 1 compression big cam, bigger intake manifold, long tube headers, port work etc.

If your going with crappy ford racing B and E cams, gt40 heads etc dont expect anyting over 240-290rwhp 300 tops.

you need either a bigger cam, or AFR or trickflow heads, port work, bigger C.i higher compression etc then you can make around 300-350rwhp out of a heads cam setup on a 5.0 motor, otherswise add a 331 stroker into that same setup you have yourself a nice 350-400+rwhp.
Sounds good. More for me to think about. I think I'll go with the full trickflow top end kit, I think a trickflow stage 2 cam would kill my low end. And i want a lot of low end power, this is strictly a street car (my dd) with occassional track time. I'll have 4.10s aswell. Not looking to get into seriously building the motor i.e pistons, compression, boring. Oh forgot to add, I have longtubes and full exhaust already. Did the longtubes because of the plan to do a HCI setup
Whats the point? by that time you will need a built engine. The stock 302 block doesn't take a whole lot to split.

Just some food for thought.
Was just a thought. Probably won't run a turbo or s/c ever honestly lol. I appreciate the input though thanks

hondarocks61

Reaction score
Was just a thought. Probably won't run a turbo or s/c ever honestly lol. I appreciate the input though thanks

I only bring it up because if your looking for power... a turbo may be the cheapest way to max out the stock shortblock. However if you insist on being N/A then your going the right direction.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I only bring it up because if your looking for power... a turbo may be the cheapest way to max out the stock shortblock. However if you insist on being N/A then your going the right direction.

Gotcha man. Yeah i plan on staying N/A

hottwheels04

Reaction score
Sounds good. More for me to think about. I think I'll go with the full trickflow top end kit, I think a trickflow stage 2 cam would kill my low end. And i want a lot of low end power, this is strictly a street car (my dd) with occassional track time. I'll have 4.10s aswell. Not looking to get into seriously building the motor i.e pistons, compression, boring. Oh forgot to add, I have longtubes and full exhaust already. Did the longtubes because of the plan to do a HCI setup

Yeah sounds good, the trickflow setup is a good street setup makes decent power good torque and alot of low end, I wouldnt suggest 4.10's though not really a street friendley gear, I would run 3.73's or 3.90s good for the street and highway alot of low end and high end anything over 4.10 is more of a track drag race gear, bad for rpms and highway and gas mpg's. and if you want low end and still top end 3.55's are perfect gear, 3.55's and 3.73's are good all around middle gear. just food for thought fyi.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah sounds good, the trickflow setup is a good street setup makes decent power good torque and alot of low end, I wouldnt suggest 4.10's though not really a street friendley gear, I would run 3.73's or 3.90s good for the street and highway alot of low end and high end anything over 4.10 is more of a track drag race gear, bad for rpms and highway and gas mpg's. and if you want low end and still top end 3.55's are perfect gear, 3.55's and 3.73's are good all around middle gear. just food for thought fyi.

Hmm. Even though I have an auto? Are 3.55s a big kick in the ass over 2.73s? I want to do my gears before the end of this year, was set on 4.10s. But if 3.73s will be better for when I do the HCI, than I'll do those. I've never ridden in a car with 3.55s, I've been in a few with 3.73s and one with 4.10s. I don't want to spend like $500 (parts/labor) if the 3.55s are gonna be a nice improvement, I'd go with the 3.73s just for the extra umph ya know what I mean? I'm not doing this motor work till probably the middle of next year.

RichV

Reaction score
3:55 for T5
3:73 for AOD

For a 5.0 IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman3872

Members online