Front Drag Lites wont fit!!!

94 DropTop

Reaction score
On a different note since i do plan on making alot more power where is a good place to buy new studs, and the open lugs for the prostars? Also how are these installed, never done studs(atleast not what i see as the right way).

95PGTTech

Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
I have seen only a select few people running open lugs on the front of there drag wheels. My car is perfectly safe. Maybe when i start making power and maybe lifting the front wheels i can see a need for the longer studs.

who are you to determine what is safe and what is not? these rules were instituted by the NHRA. you've built how many drag race vehicles? one, or should I call it one half, since that's more of a street vehicle. you have zero experience under your belt and by no means can you hold a candle to the NHRA or SFI specifications or the people that work hard to institute/update them.

you don't know when your stuff will fail, they do. those rules are there not only to protect you from your ignorance, it's to protect me, the guy racing next to you, from your ignorance. granted, there is an assumed risk in any drag race (the NHRA rulebook even has a half page section on that), but racers like me would like to enjoy this hobby at the least possible risk.

OP
OP
K

Kris

Reaction score
Meh, local shop had a sale on Moroso stuff, so I got the studs.

Ill have to go without just once due to not having enough time to install them.

They werent sure if these would fit. I have a part number. When I measured the knurels, the new studs were a tad over 1/16 larger in diameter..

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
front studs have a different (smaller knurl) then the rears, i wouldnt buy moroso's they are junk, id spend the extra and get some nice arp's great product super strong

ram360

Reaction score
you guys running the longer studs have abs?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
hahahahah yea thats funny, in order to get the longer studs on the car you need to take out the axles, press off the reluctor rings and then reinstall and be happy... life sucks for abs people... mine took me less then 30 min to do all twenty studs ... wordddddddddd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online