Hellion's Build Thread

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
firstonraceday said:
looks killer! Why did you run the piping the way you did it seems like it would have been easier if you would have flipped the intake??

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here.

We ran the inlet to the blower up behind the intake because that's the way it can get the most air. The cowl area creates a low pressure zone that draws air into the back of the hood, and directly into the filter.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
I've forgotten about your build thread man. The car looks mean as all get out, I love that color on it. You should name it "Blue Streak" because I'm pretty sure that is what it looks like going down the track.

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
haha, that's a good idea.

Thanks man.

I'll have another couple of build threads starting pretty soon, as there are a couple of interesting projects that i plan on starting pretty soon

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I think you should call it "Truuble's Trailer" . . . because when we race, it'll look like I'm towing you down the track with a bungee cord . . . . lol

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
By bungee cord are you referring to the way our car will be a little lazier off the line, and then blast past you on the top end? :D

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
By bungee cord are you referring to the way our car will be a little lazier off the line, and then blast past you on the top end? :D

Nah . . I was implying it'll just keep stretching . . . unless you are thinking of the ricer fly you'll be doing after the stripe . . :banana:

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Hellion94 said:

Nah . . I was implying it'll just keep stretching . . . unless you are thinking of the ricer fly you'll be doing after the stripe . . :banana:

Pretty much, but I was hoping it would happen juuuussst before the stripe. :angel:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Pretty much, but I was hoping it would happen juuuussst before the stripe. :angel:

It'll be closer to the timing shack than the stripe . . . ;)

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Matt, We really appreciate it. It's nice to hear that people like the car, there's a ton of work in it.

Hahahah @ TRUUBLE. I got nothing for that one....

...except that the car is undergoing some major changes. Out the window is the idea of running NMRA Renegade. It's just not going to be cost effective, or possible, or fun for us to run that class at all. Sooo instead we are going to change the car some, and dedicate it to PSCA True Street, and possibly dabble a little in NMRA Drag Radial, but not much.

The car will be receiving a cog-belt setup, as well as an air to water intercooler. This, along with the eventual 25.5 cert. ought to put us a lot deeper into the 8's than we had originally planned.

With the intercooler, we should be able to safely run about 23 lbs. of boost, to generate about 1,100hp at the rear tires, and hopefully get the car into the 8.30's in PSCA trim. So if anyone knows where we can possibly get some cheap intercooler cores, or knows of someone that sells cheap air to water setups, please let me know.

The car also get's to weigh less, and will be switched over to a 'Glide. Should be interesting...

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Thanks a lot Matt, We really appreciate it. It's nice to hear that people like the car, there's a ton of work in it.

Hahahah @ TRUUBLE. I got nothing for that one....

...except that the car is undergoing some major changes. Out the window is the idea of running NMRA Renegade. It's just not going to be cost effective, or possible, or fun for us to run that class at all. Sooo instead we are going to change the car some, and dedicate it to PSCA True Street, and possibly dabble a little in NMRA Drag Radial, but not much.

The car will be receiving a cog-belt setup, as well as an air to water intercooler. This, along with the eventual 25.5 cert. ought to put us a lot deeper into the 8's than we had originally planned.

With the intercooler, we should be able to safely run about 23 lbs. of boost, to generate about 1,100hp at the rear tires, and hopefully get the car into the 8.30's in PSCA trim. So if anyone knows where we can possibly get some cheap intercooler cores, or knows of someone that sells cheap air to water setups, please let me know.

The car also get's to weigh less, and will be switched over to a 'Glide. Should be interesting...

DAMMIT!!!! You're making me SPEND MORE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Hahaha yep.

Intercooler is already on it's way, as are the new Harland Sharp rocker arms, and 3/8" hardened chromoly pushrods.

Still need to find out how much the cog setup is.

Hicks

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Hahaha yep.

Intercooler is already on it's way, as are the new Harland Sharp rocker arms, and 3/8" hardened chromoly pushrods.

Still need to find out how much the cog setup is.

So...........................................
When do i get videos? ITS MAKING ME MAD IM IMPATIENT OKAY?
:rant:

:banana:
vids.. man vids!!

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
I know, I'm sorry. They will hopefully come pretty soon.

First the car needs to get fixed, and make some more shakedown runs, then once it gets into the 9's and a little more sorted out...We will tear it apart and update and upgrade it with the intercooler, cagework, cog belt, and some other changes over the winter.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I'm starting to think Craig is just trying to avoid racing against the Truuble mobile . . . afraid of getting spanked by a vert. :boink:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
1STOF3 said:
Your car looks GREAT!! Who is faster out of y'all 2? Hellion or TRUUBLE?

That's what we are going to find out as soon as Craig gets done with his car and brings it down here to race.

What's funny is -- as of right now -- BOTH cars have run a best of 10.19.

So . . . we are currently tied.

Of course, that was all motor in my car and Craig had to use a blower . . . :ass3:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyOctane