In the middle of installing lowering springs....

dafizuck

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
If the springs don't say Eibach on them i'd go talk to the kid for sure. Like Javi was saying I've done lowering springs several times on my car too and I've never used a spring compressor.

You can add to the list of people never using compressors..

OP
OP
C

Crone

Reaction score
They are the same height, same number of coils, and looks to be about the same coil winding tightness. So I'm gonna call the guy if he doesn't want to do business, then I don't know what I'm gonna do. I want to go beat the hell of of him/ his car, but in the end I'll be the one in trouble. I'll probaly just let it go it was only 50 dollars.....anyone want stock springs? :dontknow: 15 dollars!!
Well I tried to get the stock coil back in, but it's not happening.... How much do you guys normally cut the coils to lower it? It's gonna be my temp fix until I can afford some H&R'S.... I only want it to be 1.5"-2.0" lower, and a hell of alot easier to reinstall lol. If you have pics of your car with cut springs that would be awsome too! Thanks everyone!! BTW javi those pics were a huge help! Thanks man!

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
No problem man :thumbsup:
not worth the trouble, i would just post bad feedback on the forums that guy visit.

Also, you can find very good deals on used springs
I bought my sportlines for 140 shipped, they looked brand new.

if you buy used springs, make sure you get plenty pics of the springs, ask for recent pics. :eek:ccasion14:

chaz

Reaction score
Put them in, I had Eibach springs in a G35 and they were very close but they made it set 1 in lower. you cant say they are not lagit untill you put them in and see what its like.

chaz

Reaction score
if they say eibach on em. he didnt *** you out of your money. try putting them in and putting the car back on its wheels. if it sits the same height. then go after the mother ******
+1

Those are the exact same as what i have in my garage. Put them in I bet it sets almost 1 inch lower then it will settle to an inch

venom

Reaction score
They should say Eibach with a part number unless they rubbed them off which I dont know how they could do it. Also look at the color it should notbe same color as stock. Ive replaced many springs with a compressor tool. YOu just need to know what to take off and have a jack under the control arm.

OP
OP
C

Crone

Reaction score
^ First i took off the spindle from the strut, caliper, sway bar, and tie rod I couldn't get the spring in that way. The tool needed a spacer there was too much thread above the spring when compressed, we don't have any holes at the top of the spring perch so it wouldn't go in.
The "eibach's" had no markings. It looked the the paint fell off. I thought you are supposed to be able to put lowering springs in without the tool? I then hooked the spindle back to the strut, unbolted the a arm and tried to jack it up then line the bolt holes for the a arm to the k member....not happening. The jack put's alottttt of pressure to kick out so I had my dad jack and push while i hammered and pried but it didn't work.
I didn't want to have to cut them, but it was the only way they were gonna go back in, so I cut 1 1/4 coils off and they popped right in with the a arm bolted and spindle dropped. It sits pretty decent now ( I didn't do the rear) And it doesn't even ride bad. I would have bought springs, but I need tires really bad!! so with insurance and tires this month or next I won't have any extra money. :sad5:
I didn't get the springs from a guy on forums it was a kid my friend worked with, sadly so I can't raise hell on a forum lol.

chaz

Reaction score
looks like it worked out after all, get some before and after pics up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online