Its official the 2valve pi manifold has ceased production.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Word at my work, the original producer of all 2v 4.6l plastic Ford manifolds, npi and pi has ceased production. Operating cost and machine real-estate space in the factory has out weigh the profits margin. The company made the decision back 6 months ago and today marks the end of production .

95opal

Reaction score
Looks like its time to scoop up as many as ya can find. The future market will bring a good dollar.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if somthing different will come out
There should be more aftermarket intakes
For these engines
I seen about 3 of them and 1 out of the three sill makes them

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Available now are 2 other plastic factory style replacements by dorman that are considered junk in performance and quality. Those manifold types are multiple sections that are sonic welded together and nothing like the factory ford pi one piece manifold. The sonic welded intakes just dont have the internal space to provide what is needed to usher air for the engine. All the sonic weld locations take up space where as the one piece ford pi manifold does not.

ctandc

Reaction score
If you know someone they can do a national stock search on the Ford pt#. Last I checked there were still a lot sitting in the warehouses. You can get one for under $300 shipped of you shop around.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
After a week of searching and ordering and having orders cancelled, i can't find any PI intakes for sale.

Tasca Ford showed some in stock but cancelled today. Anyone got a lead as to where to get one? I need to ditch this Dorman.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was explaining to my buddy that went with me to the track event that I can justify paying the price to drive those super cars just because with most companies already stopping to research internal combustion engines that it will not be long before you will have a hard time finding parts for these cars or anyone that would let any yahoo get in and drive it like they stole it.

07GtS197

Reaction score
After a week of searching and ordering and having orders cancelled, i can't find any PI intakes for sale.

Tasca Ford showed some in stock but cancelled today. Anyone got a lead as to where to get one? I need to ditch this Dorman.
I’m in the same boat. My 01 has a crappy dorman on it now. My last 02 had a typhoon intake on it and while I didn’t really care for it, it is at least metal and wouldn’t crack like oem. That leaves us with only a few choices now: used, new old stock, and aftermarket. The biggest gripe I have with aftermarket intakes for these cars are that they’re geared towards racing and will coast low end torque. If you don’t care about that then go with Edelbrock or trickflow. But if you’re only using it on the street and want stock like driveability, a used one will probably be the one to get.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
I did buy a used but relative low mileage PI intake. Showed up with cracks around the coolant ports.

I’m trying to see if I can find one last PI intake sitting on a shelf somewhere before they really are all gone….if not now.

Tasca Parts still lists them, but my order got cancelled so don’t bother ordering from there.

Guess I’ll just have to coyote swap it.

07GtS197

Reaction score
That’s why I hesitate to buy used. I sent an email to professional products asking about the typhoon intake but I’m sure they’ll just tell me it’s discontinued and that’s it.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I did buy a used but relative low mileage PI intake. Showed up with cracks around the coolant ports.

I’m trying to see if I can find one last PI intake sitting on a shelf somewhere before they really are all gone….if not now.

Tasca Parts still lists them, but my order got cancelled so don’t bother ordering from there.

Guess I’ll just have to coyote swap it.
4V

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Yep, its to bad ford didnt want to pay for the price increase with these manifolds. Another intake manifold that gets produced off the same machine, same type of process is the C7 corvette manifold and we've been making the chit out of them.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Yep, its to bad ford didnt want to pay for the price increase with these manifolds. Another intake manifold that gets produced off the same machine, same type of process is the C7 corvette manifold and we've been making the chit out of them.

Any visual blem rejects kicking around on the factory floor? ;)

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
[ we've been making the chit out of them.]
did not see that part, my bad , my bad vision that is

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online